Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect Phone Addresses Lost

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 PM
eakliron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect Phone Addresses Lost

Hello. I have added names to my Uconnect phone (Media Center 830N REU) 2 times and I have lost them both times for unknown reasons. I tried to download my numbers from my Blackberry 8830 but it says I need to refer to the manual. The manual was no help.

I have been searching online for hours and I cannot find out why I am losing the phone book and what to do to prevent this, nor can I figure out if my phone book can download to my Uconnect to prevent the hassle of setting it up again.

Please help or direct me to whom can help me.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:24 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your phone book is never stored on the actual radio unit. When your phone is connected to the radio, it auto reads your phone book for use. This is done because you can have the radio capable to sync up with I think 4 or 6 different phones. Only one is used though. Each phone is assigned a priority tag in case 2 phones are in range.

Also make sure that you do the voice teaching portion of the Uconnect. This help with the phone operation for voice dialing. If you haven't done it yet, just press the uconnect button and there should be a prompt to get you started. Takes about 10 minutes to do so it will learn your voice pattern. Once that is done, you can speak who you want to call. The trick here though is that you must say exactly what you have the name stored on the phone and if there are multiple numbers it will call the first one only, not any others.

I have never stored any actual information on the hardrive yet because I haven't needed to. Got the ipod for all the tunes and the uconnect syncs with my BB 8830 and reads the address book automatically.

The next time that your phone is connected, hit the uconnect button, then speak the options to make a call and somewhere it will ask to call from address book or something and you just speak who to call. The bad thing is that this will not work in reverse. Meaning no name tagging for caller ID. The only thing that you see on incoming calls are the number and time format that you see now.

Hope some of this helped and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:44 PM
eakliron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for your help

Thanks! How do you get your address book to sync to the 8830. When I try it says to look at the mannual which is not help!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never did anything with the uconnect files. Meaning I never added anything to the uconnect at all regarding my phone. Once it was synced with the bluetooth, my address book in my phone appeared on the uconnect automatically. Now, I think what I am saying and what you are asking a slightly different, so I am going to clarify a little more.

The address book in your phone is synced with voice commands. I can't access my actual address book unless I ask for verbally. When I say "CALL MOM", it will show up on the screen with call mom and verbally ask to confirm before dialing. If I say something and the radio is not sure, it will put on the screen all possibles to call then I choose which to call. Once the phone's connection is terminated, the phonebook goes away. Hope you understand this.

Something for you to think about too. A little story to keep in the back of your head. The Blackberry has a crappy design for keyboard protection. If fluid gets behind the rollerball, it will kill the keypad not allowing you to do anything. This happened to me and couldn't make or receive calls. This happened in the morning before the cell store opened for me to go and get another and my wife kept calling me. I couldn't even reply to her text messages. This was getting bad. Then it hit me. I ran out to the car, the phone autosynced, and I used the voice command to make the calls. It was a life saver until I could get to the store.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Phone Addresses Lost