Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New radio...Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ I Had THESE and they sounded great for the money, but I had an amp powering them as you really would need for any speaker to sound good.
You could buy just the front 6x9's HERE and I'll sell you my 6.5's I still have for like $40 shipped.

And for the $159 HU at Crutchfield, not a bad deal really if they give you all the electrical connectors and mounting hardware???

Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
jake7
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea that's what i liked about CF, they include the installation gear for free and free shipping..

Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM
jake7
All Star

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to amps, subs and the hookups. The guy before me got his system stolen. But left in there is all the wiring for subs and amps. I Don't really want to use my under seat storage for subs but I wouldn't mind throwing in an amp for the speakers to sound a little better. So would I just install radio like normal and hook up something from radio to amp that would make speakers sound better or do the speakers have to run to the amp to?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

Originally Posted by jake7
AWE_ thanks for the info. I will probably just go with something "normal" and not super expensive. The guy that had the truck before me had a system in it (amp, subs etc) and a few of the speakers sound like junk.

I have some fuzziness coming from the upper dash speakers? Hard to replace?
So i take it youve got the 7-speaker setup? thats gonna be a little different, I couldnt tell you on the dash speakers but I think the front part of the dash pops up? dont quote me on that though

Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 PM
jake7
All Star

yea it's the "infinity" speakers.. Good brand and probably were real nice before they were pretty much blown.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

Originally Posted by jake7
I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to amps, subs and the hookups. The guy before me got his system stolen. But left in there is all the wiring for subs and amps. I Don't really want to use my under seat storage for subs but I wouldn't mind throwing in an amp for the speakers to sound a little better. So would I just install radio like normal and hook up something from radio to amp that would make speakers sound better or do the speakers have to run to the amp to?
If you want the speakers on an amp you are gonna have to run the HU outputs to the amp, and then speaker wires to each speaker. If the guy had them all hooked up before then it wont be too hard. I have mine running off my h/u and a mild 600 watt amp for my sub. I can hear the highs and mids clearly and the sub kicks more than enough. Now if you are really an audiophile and wanna hook up multiple subs then youre probably gonna want to amp up the other speakers too.