Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

aftermarket radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:30 PM
ah21283
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry aftermarket radio problem

i put a flip out screen in my truck and it worked for about a day then, the sound just stopped workin randomly. then the other day i got out at the gas station and opened the door the radio worked, then when i closed the door it stopped workin again. then yesterday i floored my truck to pass another car and it started workin, then when i cranked the trcuk later it didnt work...... any help??

Old 12-11-2011, 06:41 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have a loose power or ground wire check to make sure they are all securely connected

Old 12-12-2011, 01:55 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by scwpd
sounds like you have a loose power or ground wire check to make sure they are all securely connected
+1 .

Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
BWhelan
Professional

It's funny that you say that you are having this issue because I have a similar one. I have a 2007 with a double dim dvd player. I never lose power on it, but when I roll my driverside windor up and down the sound flutters. If the window is rolled down to a specific spot it actually cuts the sound out all together, but the radio stays on.

I wonder if the radio shares any of the wiring as the power windows that could cause both of these issues?

Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
partyd

3 cables in the radio harness have data, did you use the CAN buss interface to replace the radio

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/510

Quick Reply: aftermarket radio problem