Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:43 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Another Ram 1500 stereo question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Rob-GG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ram 1500 stereo question

Still researching for my Stereo upgrade. I was wondering if anyone has purchased stereo products from an on-line company called OEMAUTOPARTSCO.COM. They have all of the receivers for Ram trucks. They have both new and used. They seem like a reputable company and have always replied quickly and accurately to all my emails. They offer a 730N unit with all the bells and whistles, a mini microphone for the voice command and a rear camera set-up. (The camera and mic are after market). Plus a "Lockpick" box which unlocks the receiver to allow "in-motion" nav inputs, "in-motion" DVD playback and the ability to view the rear cam while moving forward as well as in reverse to keep an eye on your trailer. This entire package is just over $1700 and is literally plug and play. NO need to cut ANY wires or anything AND because the receiver is a factory receiver it plugs right in and the steering wheel controls work seamlessly. It seems like a pretty good setup. Opinions??? And as of this writing, I have an appointment for an oil change tomorrow at which time I will be getting a quote to see what the dealer wants for a similar setup. I'll let you know what they say.
Also, thanks for all of the replies to my last post regarding this upgrade. Very helpful

Old 01-29-2012, 05:15 PM
fat1

I have heard other people recommend the company you are asking about but I have not used them personally. I too have done a bunch of research and the reality is: aftermarket is cheaper and better even with harnesses and will all plug in. The real money difference comes down to the need for a lock pick vs just grounding the bypass in an aftermarket.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM
rdculus
Veteran

I bought a nav radio and a Lockpick from them a couple years ago, they were great to deal with, best prices I could find on the net and good customer service, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 PM
RamFreak
Veteran

I have bought from them before, getting ready to buy a new RBZ from them again. Highly recommend.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
hendog0311
Rookie

I'm gonna be buying a RBZ from them also. I noticed you can purchase a 30 day, 90 day, or 1 year warranty on these radio's. Do you recommend the basic 30 day warranty or the 1 year warranty? Not to sure which warranty to get.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
72combo
Champion

It's not so plug and play be prepared to run some wires if you choose to use the camera option on the lockpick. If you are just using the lockpick so you can watch video while driving just have them set the radio that way. I thought they could but maybe I am wrong. I would check out Ebay a bit more just be sure if you want to do anything with an I phone or I pod the phone has to be 2009 or better maybe even 2010. There is a chip in the later radios that allows I phones etc. The one you are looking at is that an RHR?

Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
rtkman

I talked to Doug I think his name is there. I was thinking of buying a oem deck. He seemed very professional. I would certainly buy from him.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Rob-GG

Yes, Its the RHR I was looking at. The dealership told me that you cant connect a backup cam to an RHR and I would Have to use the RER, which has far less bells and whistles. So I called the number on the Dodge Ram website and spoke to an "audio expert". Some expert.....she told me I couldn't connect ANY camera to my truck because the wiring harness was not the right one for a camera install. For that idiotic answer, I waited about 20 minutes. Honestly, does ANYBODY know how to do their job anymore????? The radio research continues. And I will NOT be doing anything until I can get some straight answers from someone.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
P345PR-AR15

Originally Posted by Rob-GG
Yes, Its the RHR I was looking at. The dealership told me that you cant connect a backup cam to an RHR and I would Have to use the RER, which has far less bells and whistles. So I called the number on the Dodge Ram website and spoke to an "audio expert". Some expert.....she told me I couldn't connect ANY camera to my truck because the wiring harness was not the right one for a camera install. For that idiotic answer, I waited about 20 minutes. Honestly, does ANYBODY know how to do their job anymore????? The radio research continues. And I will NOT be doing anything until I can get some straight answers from someone.
I have a 2011 Longhorn with the 730n RHR and it has the factory camera so I don't see why you couldn't add one. It seems most of the so called experts are only experts at being expertly stupid.

Quick Reply: Another Ram 1500 stereo question