Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

electrical system cant take it......

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

From what you have said, im almost 100% you have a bad ground somewhere. Maybe its not the battery or frame grounds. Maybe its not the HID ballast grounds. Maybe its PCM grounds.

Bottom line is IMO you have a ground issue. If you disconnect your amps and your HIDs and still have dimming of the lights and such then they are not the issue.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:10 PM
cmpx3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for the feedback. Guess i need to do some checking.. So i guess from what you said your truck never had any dimming issues when it was stock.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Thats not alot of power at all, I could see slight dimming but not that bad. What size fuse do you have at the battery for your amps? What brand and model amps are they? Put a multi meter at your battery and see what tour voltage drops too when playing....then turn your hids on and check again.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 AM
cmpx3
Rookie

I dont remember on the fuses without looking. I think they are 25's. All the audio is name brand. Alpine amps. I havent done the voltage check yet but will get to it this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: electrical system cant take it......