Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect streaming audio info

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 AM
toto3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 430 rbz siri

Here is the complete tsb code for my radio.
B:63.02.48. It will not work with siri when bluetooth is truned on and says sms not supported.

Thanks for any help.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:54 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the most current SW in the Uconnect system. No matter how highly we think of APPLE, they still have issues like others. These issues are not a Uconnect issue.
1) Siri is not supported with 2nd gen 2011 and 2012 vehicles. This due to the way that an incomikg call is handled by the phone while in any Siri supported feature, visual voice mail or voice memos. If you are in one of these features and have an incoming call, there isn't an "accept or ignore" pop up to accept the call. The phone has to send this message of an incoming call and the accept message to Uconnect. There is the incoming call but not an answer message.
So here's what happens, you're in a Siri mode, an incoming call comees thru, Uconnect lets you know about the call, you don't see an answer pop up so you press the Uconnect button. Apple drops the Siri feature and also sends that incoming call to your voicemail. You're ticked off trying to answer the call and saying "hello, hello" but no ones there.
2) Apple currently doesn't support the needed BT profile MAP (message access profile) that allows SMS texting thru BT. However when they come out with the iOS6, MAP will be supported by APPLE.

Originally Posted by toto3
Here is the complete tsb code for my radio.
B:63.02.48. It will not work with siri when bluetooth is truned on and says sms not supported.

Thanks for any help.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:30 AM
RoknRic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool iPhone 4S

XSDBS...pardon me if I missed the answer to this here or on the Apple forums, but is there a solution to the UConnect not reading all of the music on the iPhone when I plug it into the USB port in the center console of a '12 Charger? At first, it only read three songs, and it got my hopes up when it added some songs...the book that comes with the car says it should take up to 5 minutes to read a thousand songs. I don't think it reached 20.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be reading all of them. I have about 2800 songs on mine and it reads them all. Are all the songs from your private library & iTunes? What radio do you have? Also what year and build date is the vehicle?
Have you tried rebooting the phone by holding down the power and home buttons till the apple appears and then release them. The phone will now reboot.

Originally Posted by RoknRic
XSDBS...pardon me if I missed the answer to this here or on the Apple forums, but is there a solution to the UConnect not reading all of the music on the iPhone when I plug it into the USB port in the center console of a '12 Charger? At first, it only read three songs, and it got my hopes up when it added some songs...the book that comes with the car says it should take up to 5 minutes to read a thousand songs. I don't think it reached 20.

Any help would be appreciated!

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect streaming audio info