Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

installing aftermarket radio/sat nav

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Challenger383
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my only concern about running jump wires, is doing some damage to the rest of the system. I hadn't realized that so much stuff runs side by side in tandem with the radio.
I don't have the luxury of going to the dealership, if i make a mistake and have them reboot the system, as there aren't any, yes there are Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealerships here in the UK, and all of the above brands sell well here, but things become more complicated, as they are only geared up for European spec cars. i have been there before, and had no joy, when i had a problem with my Cummins 2500 Ram PU, luckily i managed to sort the problem myself thru a long process of elimination.
That is why i need know what i need to do the job properly, with the correct connections. sorry to harp on about it, and don't mean to look as if i'm ignoring your suggestions and advice, but i have little or no room for error, and the more info i can obtain the better chance i have of getting it right first time.
I am more than happy with the sound i get now, and yes to improve the sound still further with better door speakers is something i will look at in the future, but for now i just want a cleaner looking system, which will include sat nav/gps.

as you can see from my last post, the last time i changed a radio was in 1974, in my first car, an Austin 1100, and it was so simple then, car amps hadn't even been invented then, well not in the UK.
Give me an engine to rebuild, no problem, but the complexity of modern cars with their intergrated systems/computers/sensors etc it's a whole new ball game.

Quick Reply: installing aftermarket radio/sat nav