Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

stereo help??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM
psw757
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo help??

I'm looking to replace the entire stereo in my 07 ram quad cab HU as well and am looking for some speaker help. I would prefer not to run a sub and am looking for any speaker suggestions that when amplified will give adequate bass or mid range bass and just a really good all around sound. I listen to mainly rock if that matters. Not sure if 6x9 up front or 6.5 component up front or 6.5 rear or 5.25 rear is the way to go.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

What HU are you looking at using? Pols are usually pretty good about providing mid bass. i have Kickers in my doors but i dont have them there for bass. Bass and small speakers never go hand in hand.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:04 PM
SteelNexus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a full Alpine set up at the moment which sound really good. I have a 93 Bronco with a Kenwood Excelon series set up and the door speakers and rear speakers without the subs sound amazing by themselves. In my lil work truck I have the Rockford Power series door speakers and rear towers no subs, just the speakers and they sound amazing. I mainly listen to classic rock but it can crank out a 5 finger death punch song very well. I recommend the Power series.

Quick Reply: stereo help??