Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

alpine or explodes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:06 AM
slakr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: alpine or explodes?

as for the ?? bout how much to pay for subs, look go to ebay. now not everything is creat quality on ebay but thats y we have a brain... to use it. b smart and ull find deals on that site that u wont believe. every one of my 8 systems that have eventually been stolen have come from ebay and they were all great quality. a word of advice, dont bother with open auctions, but it now.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:36 AM
alpine25
Veteran

You can get the 12's on ebay for around 110 shipped. Type R that is. Less thatn you would pay for a sony at a local store probably.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

yeh but if you buy a woofer on EBay your going to have a hell of a time getting it warrantied when/if you blow it up no matter what brand you get...

Your better off trying to buy woofers and an amp that matches and getting it from someplace like Best Buy, Circuit City, Tweeter, Fry's, etc. And as for brands of radios, look for something that has a higher pre-amp output voltage. I have the Sony and it has a 4 volt output, some others have as high as 7 volts, this will give you a good signal to start with.

And for all you bass hogs out there, I am willing to bet you cash money that I can make a 500 watt system sound as good as any 2000 watt system that your willing to put up. Woofers with higher power handling capabilities also require more power to push them, so if you build a box right and use woofers that are equal to the amp then there is no need to waste money buying one or especially 2 amps putting out 1200 watts if you are using woofers rated at 250 each. I havent been doing this for over 20 years and not learned a thing or 2.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:38 AM
slakr
Rookie

forget warranties man if u have any clue what ur doin with the system ur tryin to instal ull never need it......god whats with u ppl and blowin the crap out of ur systems.....use ur heads if the sub has a max power handling capability of 2000w...dont put a 2000w amp on it and it wont blow so fast. companies that manufacture these subs love to tell u what their subs can "handle" but pay no attention to that. put an amp on ur sub that is slightly over the rms capacity and ull be just fine.....cmon

Old 04-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Bassboy
Veteran

The amp doesnt have to be that low, it could be a bigger amp.... all you need to do is set your gains properly and not have a clipped signal. As for the brands go with Alpine if ya got the money, in a properly built ported enclosure they pound.. Ive seen a single 15" type-r hit 148db @ the headrest on the new termlab... If you go with sony make sure its the older stuff (like mobile ES) they are more expensive but really live upto the name.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Troy_Audi0
Rookie

Are you looking at the TypeX subs? 10' or 12's what ever fits your bugget & fits in the area you are going to use..
Design the Look of the Box & all that
Alpine all day over Sony..

I used the Alipne Type X 6.5"(177R) Comp set for a bit nice stuff..
The Type X or R Subs are damn nice.. great SQ & the SPL part is great for a daily .. or comp truck..
You can find better amps than alpine for the price
Zapco , Arc Audio , US Amps..
Thats about all I would run if you want true SQ Setup.. Thats just me.. not that others arnt good or whatever. just that Iv run them
And was very happy you could hear stuff that you didnt know was on the CD..

Anyway.. whats your bugget?
Check out this Siteout.. http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/
If you see anything you like Call & Ask for John..
Tell Him Troy McGregor Sent ya..
Peace Troy

Old 04-21-2006, 12:38 AM
car_audio_god

LOL @ this 6+ month old thread...

Old 04-21-2006, 01:52 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: car_audio_god

LOL @ this 6+ month old thread...

Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Yes thankyou for bringing back absoultly nothing.

Eclipse and JL over them all.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:03 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Alpine's are probably your best choice. That is, if you can afford some good ones. Like some said before, Sony does over-rate their products. But Sony does have some good subs as well. I don't know exactly what sub it is, but it is a black Sony with 1300w peak and an RMS of about 400-500. It's a really good subwoofer. But do consider getting the Alpine's instead.

Quick Reply: alpine or explodes?