Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am replying to an email that I rec'd this morning on the Sprint issue.
As for those wondering about Verizon's release date. I hear that it's expected tomorrow (Wednesday 4-2-14).

Originally Posted by mmark27
I really need the Sprint fix for their existing Kit Kat

Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 AM
mmark27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
I am replying to an email that I rec'd this morning on the Sprint issue.
As for those wondering about Verizon's release date. I hear that it's expected tomorrow (Wednesday 4-2-14).
Excellent! Thanks!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM
xsdbs
Captain

You're welcome.

Excellent! Thanks!

Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Let's hope the S5 doesn't have these issues, but I bet it will. Getting one this weekend. I'll report back.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
xsdbs
Captain

To be a little honest, I have to think that the S5 was already in production with the KK version and because it was most likely the earlier version, the S5 may still have this issue. I can say however that Samsung's Sprint division is now looking into the issue and I will be checking back with them to see if I can get an idea about how they're going to handle it.

Let's hope the S5 doesn't have these issues, but I bet it will. Getting one this weekend. I'll report back.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:18 AM
mmark27
Rookie

To be a little honest, I have to think that the S5 was already in production with the KK version and because it was most likely the earlier version, the S5 may still have this issue. I can say however that Samsung's Sprint division is now looking into the issue and I will be checking back with them to see if I can get an idea about how they're going to handle it.
Yup, S5 on Sprint has the exact same bug as the S4. Really annoying.

I see that the Verizon S4 change log had something about Bluetooth connection to some car kits. Does it actually work on the VZW S4 now?

Old 05-21-2014, 01:13 PM
mmark27
Rookie

Just my monthly check in. Anything happening with this? Did the Verizon update for the S4 fix their Bluetooth issues?

I've tried to get to any sort of tech that can help me at Sprint and Samsung and haven't gotten anywhere.

I've noticed that the Bluetooth audio from phone calls is very quiet on the S5. Have to crank up the volume to full blast to hear the caller. S4 was also quiet. Sure makes it shocking when the Uconnect lady says her prompts at volume level 30! Bluetooth audio also seems more muted on streaming apps too. Hopefully they get this figured out one day.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 AM
xsdbs
Captain

I have sent another frustrated email out trying to get some information about what's going on. My understanding is that because there are several Samsung phones having this issue, they have to approach each one to make a new maintenance patch along with working on new projects.

Just my monthly check in. Anything happening with this? Did the Verizon update for the S4 fix their Bluetooth issues?

I've tried to get to any sort of tech that can help me at Sprint and Samsung and haven't gotten anywhere.

I've noticed that the Bluetooth audio from phone calls is very quiet on the S5. Have to crank up the volume to full blast to hear the caller. S4 was also quiet. Sure makes it shocking when the Uconnect lady says her prompts at volume level 30! Bluetooth audio also seems more muted on streaming apps too. Hopefully they get this figured out one day.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 PM
mmark27
Rookie

I have sent another frustrated email out trying to get some information about what's going on. My understanding is that because there are several Samsung phones having this issue, they have to approach each one to make a new maintenance patch along with working on new projects.
Thanks for all your work xsdbs. I'm going to assume this will never get fixed. I'm going to file some complaints since it's a safety issue. Perhaps someone will pay attention then.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 AM
xsdbs
Captain

mmark27,
No, it will be fixed and is currently being worked on. The issue that I have found out is that there are several issues that Samsung is having with Android versions 4.3 & 4.4.2. There are issues with other vehicle lines also and some of the other vehicle mfg's won't even pair up to the phone and there's some ear buds having issues. So this is where the timing is becoming a problem, if our issue was the only one then it would be easy. What I'm being told is that they plan on a maintenance update late this month - early July.

Thanks for all your work xsdbs. I'm going to assume this will never get fixed. I'm going to file some complaints since it's a safety issue. Perhaps someone will pay attention then.

Quick Reply: Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect