Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Radio hdd issue

Old 08-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Phillip Fisher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio hdd issue

So I have an 09 1500 Laramie crew cab and the radio randomly freezes and resets. After messing with it a bit it seems to freeze when Iím trying to access music on the hdd. I can access pictures all day long though it seems a little slow to load sometimes. I have at least one song 100% for sure on the hdd. It showed up a few times but if I try to play it again it freezes and resets. I thought maybe the hard drive went out but I can access the photos on it and I can see the size and how much memory is left to use. Any idea what I need to do?

Old 08-20-2018, 09:45 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any way to test the hard drive?

Old 08-21-2018, 05:27 AM
Phillip Fisher

Not that I know of.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:53 AM
ZEN357
Veteran

Being in the I.T. Field for over 25 years, it's sounds to me as if the hard drive has a bad place in it and it is going bad. Even solid state drive will go bad eventually. I would say you are going to have to have it replaced.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Phillip Fisher

Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Being in the I.T. Field for over 25 years, it's sounds to me as if the hard drive has a bad place in it and it is going bad. Even solid state drive will go bad eventually. I would say you are going to have to have it replaced.
OK thanks! Thatís kinda what I was leaning towards doing but didnít want to buy a new one if it was a software issue.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:38 PM
ultrasuperman

If it's a SATA HDD/SSD like what's in your computer you can test it with a program called HD Tune but I so know in some models the memory unit (like in my RB5 unit) is a proprietary SanDisk Flash unit

Old 08-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Phillip Fisher

Ok got the new hdd installed and that seems to have fixed all the problems Iíve had. Thanks again for the advice!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio hdd issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: