Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Specs for the infinity system...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:01 AM
Kitulu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specs for the infinity system...

I have tried to search for it on the Net, but to no avail...does anyone know where I can find the specs for the infinity sound system in my 00 Intrepid? Power, Ohms, speaker layout, amp location(s), etc, etc, etc...? Also, what would I have to do to upgrade to a different system? If I buy new component speakers, would I have to use the new crossovers, or re-use the old? Does the amp power all the speakers, or just the front or back?

Old 03-20-2006, 02:55 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional
Default RE: Specs for the infinity system...

Evening dude. Don't go to Dodge. They are no help. I have an "05 Dak w/Infinity system so probably same as yours or pretty darn close. what I have been able to find out is:the amp does roughly 40 w rms per channel. Believe it only amps the front speakers. The amp pushes a 2ohm load. The tweeters are a strange thing as you will see when you pull your door panels. In all likely hood you will have to drill out the panel to mount new tweets-even if the are only 1/2" dia like JL's. Use the supplied crossover although it will pretty much have no effect because of the attentuation from the OEM head unit. Most shops reccomend bypassing OEM amp when replacing HU. Have heard there is a way to use aftermarket HU and use the OEM amp. Need to confirm. Otherwise you will need to get an amp and pull new wire for the comps. Or you can keep all the OEM stuff except the speakers and install/have installed a JL Audio Cleansweep($350 + install cost).

Hope this helps.

TASTE THE HEAT AND ENJOY THE PAIN

Old 03-23-2006, 01:47 AM
SemiHemi
Rookie
Default RE: Specs for the infinity system...

If you have figured out a way of taking the door panels off and are able to get to the speakers, you can try looking on the magnets and see if they are labeled with what ohms they are. Or find someone with a ohm meter and figure it out that way. A local radioshack usually will be helpful. Just rememeber that the reading is "nominal". Meaning the reading will change with cone movement.

Quick Reply: Specs for the infinity system...