Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

best 6x9?

Old 08-01-2006, 05:16 AM
atreyua7xlt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best 6x9?

hey all. my girlfriend is replacing her front and rear 6x9s in her 07 caliber and we wanted to know what the best sound quality and bass would be on some speakers. any ideas? what sounds the best to you guys? were going to check some out at our local audio store soon

Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Default RE: best 6x9?

Well, it isnt really what sounds good to us... its what sounds good to you guys. I prefer Focal. When I went to the local car audio store, i was testing out some Focals and boy do they sound nice. They have this little device that is optional (i forgot what it is called) that seperates the lows and mids and highs. If you do have a sub, i would recommend getting the little gadget. i dont know what it is called, but it is well worth the money. You can also take a look at Rockford Fosgate, Alpine and Infinity's. The Infinity sound system is setup to make an overall sound. So if thats what you want, you might want to loook into getting that. But me, I prefer Focal. That is one of the "top-of-the-line" speakers that really sound awesome! Also try Boston Acoustics. So, Focal, Boston Acoustics, Rockford Fostgate, Alpine and Infinity.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:39 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

Nothing beats Infinity Kappa 693.7I. It's a 3 way 6x9. INCREDIBLE highs, awesome mids, and as much bass as you can get from a three way. You will however, want to make sure it's powered. If you are using a factory deck or a new hu without an amp, don't expect that much performance. Speakers need power. Speakers LOVE power.

Good luck.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

Diamond Audio 6x9's are great for the money well at least in my opinion the d3 is pretty affordable and not at all hard to find on ebay... He is right about Focal but i would reccomend not replacing factory speakers with Focals, unless you intend on driving them with an amp that is a good one... like Audison... Boston Accoustics are awesome speakers as long as you dont get there lower line... Pioneer Rev and Premier series are great as well... I would stay away from Rockford Fosgate and Kicker unless you are just going for blow out your ears sound... they sound like crap when they are on a stock radio... One other recomendation i can make to you IS TO NEVER BUY AUDIOBAHN... they plain suck! any way Def check out the D3 series by Diamond Audio...

Old 08-01-2006, 06:25 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

captain is right, i did forget to mention the audison amp. those are really good amps. they are all about clarity, not loudness. my freind hooked one up to a guys Evo, and couldnt get any distortion no matter how hard he tried. audison makes the best amps when it comes to clarity, not boom. and if you do get any of the speakers listed make sure you do consider getting an amp. audison may run a bit more, but they are made in italy and definitely well worth the money.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:02 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

As stated what is best to someone another person might hate. You best bet is to go to a shop and listen to them and see what ones you like best. Some good brands are...infinity,diamond,cdt,focal,eclipse,mb quart,polk,image dynamics,clarion.......and more

Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

As much as I love Audison... I'll take a McIntosh any day!! Oh i would do anything for one of those amps with the blue ampmeters (drool)

BTW I know a guy who is running all Audison and Focal right now if anyone is interested... In fact he is selling his SQ comp car right now (no system in it though) for about 2 grand...

Old 08-06-2006, 03:21 PM
RICHARDS108
Professional

i just got my Pioneer rev series 6x9s about two months ago and love them in my back deck. they sounds amazing(they are amped though) but im going to have to agree with habeba86 just go to some local stores and see what you like best b/c after all u are the one that is going to be listening to it not us. bust of luck

Edit: also id like to add when you do decide what you like instead of buying them at a store do a quick ebay search. i get all of my audio equipment off ebay and i have saved ALOT of money

Old 08-06-2006, 04:52 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I agree internet>retail I always try to buy my more expensive stuff from authorized dealers jst incase warrenty issues should arise.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:32 AM
hockeynut52
Professional

I think the Alpine Type R's Sound awesome and they are a direct fit for the Dodge. Nice clean bass with no distortion and silky smooth highs. Makes my heavy metal music sounds great. But makes the R & B nice when I am with the wifey.

Search this Thread