Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

aux input help?

Old 08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
deacon_bluez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aux input help?

Just bought a 2006 Dodge caravan with the 6 DVD changer. There are auxilliary input jacks for a video game system, or as I hoped, my mp3 player.

According to the directions, I can plug my mp3 player into the input jacks, then select AUX on the mode. Unfortunately, pushing the MODE button only switches to DVD mode. Is there another way to access AUX mode?

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:03 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: aux input help?

Do you have the mp3 player hooked up when you try to get it into aux mode?

Old 08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
deacon_bluez

Yes, hooked up, plugged in and playing. Any suggestions?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

yes the way that this system works is that it is isolated to be only a DVD system/ gaming system... So that is what i would technically call it (aux mode) So what you are saying is that you are getting no sound through the stereo when u go to aux/dvd mode? You should technically get some sort of sound out of it.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
deacon_bluez

Yep, that's what I'm saying. my iPod is jacked into the RCA jacks in the dvd player (the ones might use for a video game system).

I'm playing the ipod but getting no sound.

When I press the MODE button on the stereo, the only option it gives me is DVD. In DVD mode, I get no sound. (The Dodge Caravan manual says to push the mode button to get to AUX mode, but there doesn't seem to be one.)

Any ideas?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:01 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

if u hold down the button does that change anything? That is odd that there is no aux coming up on that... I would contact your local dealership that u bought it from to see if they can shed anylight on this issue

Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

if this helps i would maybe try a RF Modulator if all else fails where all you have to do is tune to a certain radio station and your MP3 Player would broadcast through thet station... Hope you dont have to do that... I hate HATE RF Modulators

Old 09-29-2007, 05:20 PM
TottenKing

I'm wondering if anyone ever figured out a solution to this problem. I just bought a cable today and tried it and got the same results in my 2005 Grand Caravan. It will play a song (eventually...I'm not really sure how to MAKE it do it) and then want to go on to a DVD (the next one in the changer).

Thanks for any input!

Tina

Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
coupe89

When I hooked my Ipod. I needed to put a video source in order to get AUX to work...

Old 10-31-2014, 11:56 AM
JulieS

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue.
We have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. It has a dvd player, so it has the red/white aux cable inputs. Last winter I bought a cable with rca audio on one end and 3.5mm on the other. My son would plug it in to his iPhone and push the mode button on the stereo. The stereo would give the message "no ext disc" and then after maybe 30 seconds, it would seem to "find" the iPhone and switch to AUX.
Well, the last couple weeks, this no longer works. It just contiues to say "no ext disc". We can't get it to find the iPhone, or switch to AUX. Can you please help? I would like to make this cable work rather than buy another style. Thank you! Julie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aux input help?