Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Help, amp to infinity head unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:34 PM
99dieselram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, amp to infinity head unit

Hi. I own a 99' dodge ram 2500 diesel quad cab. It has the stock infinity system and I want to add an amp. I know I need a line outout converter, but where do I connect it? If I could T-tap it in to the back of the head unit it would be the easiest. Does anyone know the color wires to tap into? Front or rear? Do I have to connect it after the factory amp? I have gotten a lot of false info, Please help, thanks.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:06 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: Help, amp to infinity head unit

Yes you can connect them behind the headunit on these trucks. Not on all amplified systems like the Ford Mach systems, but you can on this one. You'll want to tap into the rears if you're adding a sub. It doesnt really matter, but that way you can sort of use the fade as a level control on the sub without losing volume on the fronts.

RR+ = Dark Blue/White
RR- = Dark Blue/Orange
LR+ = Brown/Yellow
LR- = Brown/Light Blue

These colors will change after the amp, And I really can't remember what they are after that.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:11 AM
99dieselram

Thanks, The guy at circuit city said the same thing. I'm going to tap the rear speakers for my amp/sub. Do you know what color wire I can use for the remote? I can test it, but it would be nice to save a step.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:16 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 99dieselram

Thanks, The guy at circuit city said the same thing. I'm going to tap the rear speakers for my amp/sub. Do you know what color wire I can use for the remote? I can test it, but it would be nice to save a step.
Red with white tracer on the grey plug

Old 11-23-2006, 10:20 PM
99dieselram

Thanks for the info! You guys are right on with the answers. How about taping on to the rear speakers. What colors for + and -, and left and right? Thanks!

Old 11-23-2006, 10:41 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/DCP-Wiring.pdf

Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 PM
99dieselram

There are wires running down the drivers side of the truck that go to the rear speakers. I found drivers side wht w/purple tracer, wht w/green tracer, and pass side brown w/blk tracer, brown w/purple tracer. The wires go in to plugs then change colors as they go in to the speakers. I need to know +and- of the color I listed. Thanks for the help!

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2006, 02:45 AM
stealth96

y dont u just run a high pass filter off the rear two speakers and run wheatever u want off the amp.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:06 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

He is running a LOC off the rear speakers (Not a HPF, that would be on the amp) But on the Infinity systems, the colors change after the amp. So the colors for the rear speakers behind the headunit are different than what they are right at the speakers. Those are the colors hes asking for. Just so he doesnt need to run all the way up to the front.

If it was me I WOULD run to the front and get the wires right on the headunit, that way if you ever change your headunit to an aftermarket one, your RCA's are already run all the way to the back of it and you can plug em right in.

Quick Reply: Help, amp to infinity head unit