Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

im stumped

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:41 AM
04dodgeneon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: im stumped

Quick test, fade your stereo all the way to the left, then all the way to the right, you'll be able to hear the difference and tell which one is messed up.

Old 08-29-2004, 02:52 AM
sushi423
Veteran

i turned my subs toward the back of the trunk and i was listening to them and they are both working now... im still stumped but now im glad.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:18 AM
Cr@zy Squ33

Sounds to me like when you had them facing the front one was being cancelled out by the back of the seat, especially if you had them facing the back of the seat puched up against them. Now that you've turned them around they've probably got enough air volume to function properly.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:27 PM
sushi423
Veteran

thats not possible, welll most of the time because i really had them away from the seat and putmy hands right on the subs and i could def tell one of them wasnt working good. But i did drive with one part of the seat up (the part wihtout my amp) so that could have obviously made it sound worse but since i fold up my seat so my **** doesnt get stolen i keep the box away from the back seat because that is not good for your subs to hit your amp or to hit the back seat.

Old 09-09-2004, 04:07 AM
sushi423
Veteran

i took my subs out...they were giving my trouble (i didnt like how they sounded) so i just give up.. im going to sell them wiht my box but im keeping my amp...this may sound wierd since its a sony but its not a very huge amp..so i got this great idea of hook up my infinity 6x9's to them and it sounds freaking sweet...almost as much bass as when i had subs lol. anyways im buying some infinty components and also hooking them up to my amp, then in teh future im going to get a new systme...new subs, get a box built, and a nice new amp along wiht my cap(hats been sitting in my garage for a couple of months b/c i dont need nor do i know exactly how to hook it up right [&:]

Old 10-14-2004, 04:11 AM
millenniumdna
All Star

What I would try it hooking just one up and listen the the other. They should sound Identical. If there not then the one that sounds bad is broke. If they both sound the same trying using both the left and the right side on the amp. May have an issue with one of those. Also this might sound slam but best buy did this to me check both speakers and make sure there the same OHM's. They sold me a 4 OHM and a 2 OHM really jacked up my setup.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 AM
TJW815
Veteran

sounds like you had a lose wire inside the box. just my 2 cents but mine had the same problem and thats what caused it.

Quick Reply: im stumped