Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

closeup spy photos of the C&D Charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:13 PM
dakota2112
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default closeup spy photos of the C&D Charger

Closeup spy photos of what appears to be numerous real-life versions of the C&D pictures...

http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html

I guess this car really doesn't look bad... I just wish they would've called it something besides Charger, because it sure doesn't say "Charger" to me. It's a hot looking car, but should've had a different name.

But hey, there's always Gen II!

Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 PM
red91RT
Veteran
Default RE: closeup spy photos of the C&D Charger

ORIGINAL: dakota2112

I guess this car really doesn't look bad... I just wish they would've called it something besides Charger, because it sure doesn't say "Charger" to me. It's a hot looking car, but should've had a different name.

But hey, there's always Gen II!
Yes, a little too tame looking to me. (Notice I said "looking" . . .not performing. . !) I think it looks more like a modern "Acclaim". [sm=smiley36.gif] Can we bring back Plymouth with a Hemi?

Old 09-28-2004, 07:35 PM
dakota2112
Rookie

Everyone, myself included, had high expectations as a result of the name Charger. I personally was hoping for more of a retro look - the '68-'70 Charger nose, the door indents, the tunnelback with recessed rear window... but let's look on the bright side. At least this isn't a frickin OMNI or K-car being sold under the name Charger! This is a rear-wheel drive V8 hotrod that will surely outmaneuver and possibly outrun the classic Chargers, getting a lot better fuel mileage in the process.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:48 PM
jhalfhill
Rookie

Where to DC engineers go to school? Cause if it's WVU i'm dropping out. That thing is nothing but a slightly modified 300C with Dodge badges. What a waste.......

Old 09-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Raxstone
Rookie

Well, it's not a bad looking car. Just not inspiring (at least not with all that black wrap around it). As mentioned in the article, I'm hoping it has the raised chrome gas filler cap for at least a little retro and muscle-car look. Final comment -- I didn't see a 'Charger' badge anywhere on it, so there's still the possibility that this isn't even the Charger!

Old 09-28-2004, 08:12 PM
jhalfhill
Rookie

What else would it be? I don't think there are any other Dodge cars coming out this year.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:21 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

at least it doesnt have the red crap on the tires

Old 09-29-2004, 06:45 AM
BIGMOPAR

This is NOT the charger it is the magnum sedan version i was told about 6 months ago by the Dodge Dealer that there would be a 4-door magnum sedan and i believe wholeheartedly that this is that car and NOT the new Charger!

Old 09-29-2004, 08:05 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

It looks like a Magnum with the station wagon part chopped off. I agree, it's cool but don't let that be the Charger. The Charger needs to be like the GTO and Mustang.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

It isn't a simply a Magnum or 300 fenders - they are obviously different, though basics like firewall height and hood length are the same.

The fenders are softer - less creased than the 300/magnum and the beltline doesn't slope up like those two. The fastback is pleasing and the deck is a little lower than the C&D concept. That's good.

It's tough to tell, but is the wheelbase the same as the magnum/300? I was really hoping for the 116" Airflyte concept wheelbase - that would give you the long hood look because the hood remains the same length while the body length goes down.

Overall, I like it. Maybe this will be a "Monaco" or something and we'll get the shorter, lower "real" Charger in February.

I'm just sort of relieved all the hype is over and we have a good picture of it - no more speculation needed.

Quick Reply: closeup spy photos of the C&D Charger