Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Durango Concept for SEMA Show:

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:18 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango Concept for SEMA Show:

Forget the new 2005 Dodge Dakota pickups... the designers at Dodge have a little idea they are getting ready for the SEMA show in Las Vegas! A Dodge Durango Sport Pickup, thats right pickup! And powered by a twin turbocharged 5.7L HEMI "MAGNUM" V-8! Can't wait to see more on this project, and will update to you as soon as more info becomes available!

redriderbob

[IMG]local://upfiles/1408/8B48F22A0450481FA45D85AE076904CA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-08-2004, 08:30 PM
BIGMOPAR
Default RE: Durango Concept for SEMA Show:

It looks awesome but my question is "WHY!". Doesnt the bed on the back make it a Dakota? Man alive why not just leave the Durango name on the SUV durango and do a SRT version of the Dakota? Man some of these people at chrysler must be smoking some good stuff! And I don't get my hopes up anymore because for one the production version will look absolutely nothing like that! and secondly it won't have a Twin-Turboed 5.7 in it! I wish they didnt do that crap get everyone's hopes up and smash them into the ground when the @ss-ugly versions are released to the buying public![:@] My rant is done!

Old 10-08-2004, 09:51 PM
millenniumdna
All Star

i think its nice, but i agree. The Dakota SRT H8 or something would have beena more suitable name.

Old 10-09-2004, 03:30 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I don't like it at all...

-Matt-

Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

why couldnt the new dakota look like that. that is much nicer looking. u no this is a bs concept if the engine is twin turbo 5.7 these super cars they randomly make as concepts are nothign we will ever some close to seeing. why do they mess with us like that. but i love the exterior design

Old 10-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool!! What an interesting idea!

~Amanda

Old 10-09-2004, 11:09 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

well first of all i think they should make a dakota R/T

DMC said they rnt gonna put a hemi in a dakota casue theyd have to move the control arms and all that sh*t but rnt the dakotas and durangos basically the same from the firewall forward

Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

I actually think it looks pretty good, and there isn't any truck Dodge makes now I would own other then a SRT 10.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Polish Don
Rookie

Does anyone notice the idea similarity between the Durango pickup and the Chevy SSR? Personally, I'm not thrilled by the truck, but the engine is something else !

And if my memory is correct, in a issue of Car and Driver, DCX said the HEMI won't fit in a Dakota. And if you think about it, if they can supercharge the 5.7 hemi, what's to say that they can't release it? Plus, since an outside company is assisting (Gale Banks Engineering) they might release the supercharge kit as a aftermarket upgrade ! Would be nice in a Magnum or a Charger!! That could make it a R/T without stepping on the 300C's 6.1L SRT

Just a thought....

Old 10-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

Article said it was 'renegade' Dodge people. Obviously they took a Durango and made a kind of El Camino out of it. Note how the bed flows into the cab - not like a real pickup with a separate bed. I don't like it as much as the new Dakota - and I think the new Dakota is better than the old one - the problem is weight - at 4300lbs it's heavier than a Shortbed Silverado. I agree that this is a sort of SSR - its own model - besides the SEMA stuff is directed more toward the secondary maket - you won't actually see this, but as said, they could offer a kind of AMG treatement for Durangos with the Hemi. This has much to do with Gale Banks - not much to do with Chrysler/Dodge.

Quick Reply: Durango Concept for SEMA Show: