Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Official specs for Dodge Caliber SRT-4!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:05 AM
workingspy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official specs for Dodge Caliber SRT-4!

Man they finally figured out how go the extra mile on a piece of crap. It was once a log of crap now its a smeared log of crap. At least the SRT-4 neon looks like its supposed to be fast right from the start, not like thisunderpowered minvan they call a claiber. They should take the Caliber and the Nirto burn the pants and kill the designer that ever had anything to do with these cars..

Old 08-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the Caliber is a mini-van, then the Caravan is an extra large van.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno what the caliber is supposed to be (super tiny minivan maybe) but I do agree they should have stuck with the neon... just my 2 cents.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Caliber is the size of a normal small sedan and it has a hatch instead of a trunk. It isn't mini-van, or an SUV. It's a hatchback sedan.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Yeah, I've ridden in one before, I typically don't think of hatchbacks as sedans. The caliber just seems to have really odd styling to me, if somone has one and loves it that's great, it just doesn't do anything for me. It was kind of nice when they made the 3rd gen neons, Dodge finally had a small car I didn't hate, the SRT's were killer. Then they dumped it for the caliber so hopefully they'll put the Demon in production to make up for it

Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 PM
crestview_tim

https://dodgeforum.com/m_937298/tm.htm

Final specs and information have been released today. Prices will be announced on Sept 4th.

Tim

Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Altair

Yeah, I've ridden in one before, I typically don't think of hatchbacks as sedans. The caliber just seems to have really odd styling to me, if somone has one and loves it that's great, it just doesn't do anything for me. It was kind of nice when they made the 3rd gen neons, Dodge finally had a small car I didn't hate, the SRT's were killer. Then they dumped it for the caliber so hopefully they'll put the Demon in production to make up for it
Not that it really matters lol...but there is no 3rd Gen Neon in any form.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional

If that thing really goes 157 MPH its just a hair faster than an 02 Comarro they top out at like 155 drag limited

Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: Altair

Not that it really matters lol...but there is no 3rd Gen Neon in any form.
D'oh! My bad, 2nd gen (I always mix that up)

Old 08-21-2007, 02:15 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: shiltz

I'm actualy glad they are putting out hatchbacks more now, I like how they look and they have a lot more cargo space, to me it's a lot more preferable than the sedan kick they have been on for a while, very very few 4 door sedans look good imo, 4 door wagons/hatchbacks do look good though, with a sporty car either give me a 4 door wagon/hatchback or a coupe, a sedans worthless imo, no more space than a coupe but a lot uglier.
I want my words back, you stole them from me! I hate to see the decrease in performance from the old srt-4, but IMHO, this looks much MUCH better. No way id be caught dead driving a neon or any other sedan for that matter. This looks a lot more aggressive and Id own it, but only with an awd system. 280 horse is a bit much to be pumped thru just the front wheels.

Quick Reply: Official specs for Dodge Caliber SRT-4!