Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

08 Concept Cuda Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 08 Concept Cuda Review

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

however, chrysler has stated that they are using the concept cuda shown here as an indicator to the possible interest in the rebirth of the cuda, which is why it was there.
Not to mention there had been artist renderings and statements from Chrysler for about a year or so now about possibly doing a Cuda based on how well the Challenger was received.

I fully expect this car to see production, with some tweaks.....and it wouldnt surprise me at all if it outsold the Challenger too.....I'd buy this over the Chally..

Old 11-15-2007, 01:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as would i...and even since the Ask Dr Z promotion, there were comments about possible concept cuda...

Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

however, chrysler has stated that they are using the concept cuda shown here as an indicator to the possible interest in the rebirth of the cuda, which is why it was there.
Not to mention there had been artist renderings and statements from Chrysler for about a year or so now about possibly doing a Cuda based on how well the Challenger was received.

I fully expect this car to see production, with some tweaks.....and it wouldnt surprise me at all if it outsold the Challenger too.....I'd buy this over the Chally..

+1......

Dusty

Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

I like it, although they could use a smooth bezel around the headlights
this should be built to directly compete with the 'stang in price
where would we go to tell chrysler we want it?

Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Dakota_24

Why are some of you saying that you'd buy the 'Cuda over the Challenger; when its the same car? You know its not good to have two cars (same cars under thedifferent name) to compete in the same company! Here you guys were; hoping that Dodge would bring out the Challenger, but now you dont want it? Which is it; the Challenger or the 'Cuda?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO, this Cuda is ugly and the Challenger looks great. The Challenger could take some of the curves fromt his Cuda though.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:49 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

Why are some of you saying that you'd buy the 'Cuda over the Challenger; when its the same car? You know its not good to have two cars (same cars under thedifferent name) to compete in the same company! Here you guys were; hoping that Dodge would bring out the Challenger, but now you dont want it? Which is it; the Challenger or the 'Cuda?
This is NOT the same car.......and quite honestly I have always just loved the Cudas more then the Challenger...

Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

for the same reason that people buy a mitsubishi raider instead of a dakota..or for the same reason that people bought a mercury capri over ford mustang..or for the same reasons that people buy a charger instead of a 300. should i go on? its not good to have the same cars under different names? you realize that companies have been adding a handful of slight changes to cars and calling them different model since the automobile was invented, right? you dont think that its good to have two cars to compete, yet every company does it. every car sold by lexus can be bought as a toyota with a little less chrome and a lower price tag. the aspen and durango? any of the minivans? the avenger and sebring sedan? the sebring and stratus coupes, along with the mitsubishi eclipse?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

for the same reason that people buy a mitsubishi raider instead of a dakota..or for the same reason that people bought a mercury capri over ford mustang..or for the same reasons that people buy a charger instead of a 300. should i go on? its not good to have the same cars under different names? you realize that companies have been adding a handful of slight changes to cars and calling them different model since the automobile was invented, right? you dont think that its good to have two cars to compete, yet every company does it. every car sold by lexus can be bought as a toyota with a little less chrome and a lower price tag. the aspen and durango? any of the minivans? the avenger and sebring sedan? the sebring and stratus coupes, along with the mitsubishi eclipse?
Dont forget the Camaro, Trans-Am, and Firebird....

Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

good example...

also, the corvette and the xlr?

Quick Reply: 08 Concept Cuda Review