Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

CONFIRMED: Nissan Titan to get HEMI-fied

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
bruno426
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
Gotta do something short term to stay in business besides giving away the 08 RAMS. My dealer has a 09 crewcab. A BigHorn in blue and it is sweet, all of the way down to the dual exhaust!!
I just hope that dodge mounted the exhaust well, and these trucks dont end up like almost every chevy 76-2000, with one exhaust pipe mounted solid, and the other one hoppin to the bumps.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Nissan selling Dodge trucks makes sense. I wish Iaccoca and Kirkorian would have beat Daimler for Chrysler, but they didn't. The reality is that Daimler raped Chrysler for engineering and squeezed all the money they could to prop up their company. After they had bled the cow dry they dumped it. Right now Chrysler has to do whatever it can to make sells. Any Benz lovers should look closely at what happened: Daimler took over a profitable company with low overhead and left a weakened, anemic company on the verge of collapse. It wasn't Chrysler that dragged Benz down, it was Benz that drained the life out of vibrant company.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hemi engine in a foreign vehicle. Blasphemy! >:O

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibby927
Hemi engine in a foreign vehicle. Blasphemy! >:O
Technically the HEMI is a foreign engine. It is built in Mexico

Old 10-22-2008, 09:17 PM
AmericanMade(1992)

Originally Posted by hutch1973
The auto market is hurting right now, so you have to give props to Dodge for figuring out away to make money, and keep things afloat.

Have to laugh at the imitation is the most sincere form of flattery on the front of this page...when the first thing I thought when I looked at the pics of the 09 Ram interior was "is this a Ford?"

No complaints on that however, Ford has(d) the nicest interiors out of all the trucks.

My thoughts exactly. Dodge is making a smart decision by doing this. Mostly because of the money they'll be getting right off the bat by letting Nissan borrow the Ram (whether Nissan really profits from the borrow or not). Secondly, because the Ram is a more popular truck between the two anyways, even if the Titan is a hit, the Ram is a hometown hero. If the Titan is a big hit, the Ram will be an even bigger hit still. I say that this is a win-win situation for Dodge. If they keep on making cars and trucks good enough to be borrowed by another respected and sought-after car company, then they must be doing something right.

Quick Reply: CONFIRMED: Nissan Titan to get HEMI-fied