Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

More on Charger Coupe from Home page

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if they were to build this, I would definitely be more interested in it... the body lines of the sedan currently fit the coupe alot better...

Old 10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
AmericanMade(1992)

This two-door Charger is a good idea, i say agreeing with the rest of the group here. I would like to see the rendering done by Doug from charger forums. It's quite a spectacular design. Classic, yet modern. Just the way it should be. Chrysler would be smart to have you lead the design of it, Doug. Keep up the awesome rendering for the Mopar freaks.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 10-23-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

The purpose of dual charging is to eliminate the cons of both methods. With a turbo, comes turbo lag. Not the best for low end. With a supercharger, the amount of boost is consistent across the power band, basically the blower gets it moving and then the turbos kick in, opening a gigantic can of whoop-*** even Adam Sandler couldn't handle...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i understand the logic behind twincharging, but its still overkill...how many have you seen that actually raced?

by "Doug"...do you mean Doug Schramm? He has posted here and DodgeChallenger.com, even before the challenger was out.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:32 AM
dakster
Banned

I dont like the rear end of this car.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:01 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

MM&FF just did an extensive test on turbo vs blower vs both and you gain nothing by using both. A properly sized turbo will make more torque and hp per lb of boost.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:40 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by lxman1
MM&FF just did an extensive test on turbo vs blower vs both and you gain nothing by using both. A properly sized turbo will make more torque and hp per lb of boost.
The purpose of dual charging is not to necessarily gain more HP/Torque.

The purpose is to gain negate the turbo lag on launch and to gain the power on top end you would lose with a supercharger...

And it also depends on the car/setup you are using. Some vehicles gain more from dual turbos then they would with a single and vice versa...

Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Reject, youre right about this system eliminating turbo lag. Twincharging is nothing new, I saw something on Spike about a Detroit diesel from the 40s or 50s that used this system. And the new VW scirocco that we (so far) cant have in the states uses it.

Lxman, the purpose isnt to gain more overall boost but to have it throughout the whole powerband, while not having it become parasitic like superchargers.

Personally, I think a progressive turbo--small one kicks in faster, then the big one takes over-- would be just about as effective. OR, maybe a small one with an electric motor could work throught the powerband. I hear those are gaining popularity.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

I dont like it. Looks like a Mustang from the side. I may be alone, but Id rather drive a 4 door Charger than that thing...

Quick Reply: More on Charger Coupe from Home page