Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Nissan/Renault?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 AM
finc.jb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we stop saying to buy American, it's buy NORTH AMERICAN !!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Isn't Canada really part of the US??

Old 10-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got news for you man... More of Chrysler and Dodge will stick around if Nissan takes over. GM will rip Chrysler into shreds. There's already multiple joint projects between Nissan and Chrysler anyway.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 10-24-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM
mikeybiker
Rookie

haha its true about the pipe line i would be all about keeping it "north amarician". And you right the truth is there all the same, gm dodge ford toyota nissan as far as truck companies go its the same **** just different pile. they all have there own different problems, but what every anything mechanical is never going to be perfict and always going to brake down. im just saying i perfer imports over domestics, and i think it would be good for chrysler to get on with nissan. haha and you hit it right on the head, i have an r1 and a yz250 lets see ur amarican muscle do 250km/h. And yes bikes are about speed

Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
materialman

Originally Posted by mikeybiker
haha its true about the pipe line i would be all about keeping it "north amarician". And you right the truth is there all the same, gm dodge ford toyota nissan as far as truck companies go its the same **** just different pile. they all have there own different problems, but what every anything mechanical is never going to be perfict and always going to brake down. im just saying i perfer imports over domestics, and i think it would be good for chrysler to get on with nissan. haha and you hit it right on the head, i have an r1 and a yz250 lets see ur amarican muscle do 250km/h. And yes bikes are about speed
I grew out of the "bikes are about speed" thing a long time ago. Now bikes are about enjoying the day and having true pride in what you ride.....American....Harley Davidson Brother! That Road King can take me as fast as I need to go from one side of this land to the other. 105 years proud! Number #1

Old 10-24-2008, 06:35 PM
mikeybiker
Rookie

haha awesome....im not one of thoes punk *** riders that hate on every one that dosent ride a crotch rocket im just in it for fun and i loveriding with harley guys. i was just making fun

Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 AM
materialman

Originally Posted by mikeybiker
haha awesome....im not one of thoes punk *** riders that hate on every one that dosent ride a crotch rocket im just in it for fun and i loveriding with harley guys. i was just making fun

Ride safe and enjoy the day Mikey.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:41 PM
mikeybiker
Rookie

I wish....its way to cold to ride here

Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 AM
materialman

Get you a Road King and ride on down to Louisiana My Brother. It's nice here!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fear is Nissan would make Chrysler products the only guaranteed way that I would never own one. With CVTs. I liked Nissan okay until they started using those horrible things. I have a feeling those quality surveys will change in time once those CVTs age.

I would also hate to have Nissan's flawed I4s; however, I'm not exactly crazy with the Hyundai based I4 we currently have.

The VQ is a good engine and I would probably get used to having one after a few mild complaints about it not being an American engine.

I see problems with either direction honestly. Ford would be a safer route in my opinion as I think that Ford knows the value of the Hemi since they don't have a decent V8 currently. Ford has good potential but boring badges that prevent them from being great.