Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Nissan/Renault?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:26 PM
materialman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan/Renault?

I am sure everyone has heard the rumor of a Chrysler/GM merger. Looks like GM might be having trouble raising the money in today's economic climate. The new rumor is Chrysler is talking to Nissan/Renault now. That isn't good. I own three Dodge vehicles, but if the Nissan/Renault thing happens, I will never buy another.The next Dakota may very well be a Frontier... Cerberus wants out of the car business and badly. They are even considering selling off Chrysler in pieces. This may very well be the end of Chrysler as we know it and that is sad, very sad.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:14 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

portions are supposed to go to GM and renault and another company i believe. i personally dont think its going to go that far, none the less to another auto maker. all the hype for the new 09 ram, which i believe will save the company. its going to become a major production to get rid of chrysler instead of holding onto it until the end of this economic slump.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 PM
00DakR/T
Veteran

While I don't see the GM/Chrysler merger happening, rumor has it that Nissan will be selling a version of the 09 Ram as their new full size truck and dropping the Titan, and VW is already selling a version of the new minivan.
On the plus side, Nissan will probably be making a subcompact car for Chrysler and Chrysler is also getting on the ball with full electric and extended range electric vehicles. https://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innov...envi/overview/ check it out.....pretty cool stuff

Old 10-22-2008, 11:06 PM
f0x672
Champion

nissan is getting the hemi and platform of the 09 ram. IMO, cerebus needs to hold onto chrysler until after the election, and so on a bit afterwards when everything begins to straighten out.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:20 AM
mikeybiker
Rookie

It will be a good thing is nissan gets chrysler. I meen look at the quality of nissan compared to dodge. But it would also be a good thing if gm got chrysler.....maybe chrysler could make gm go bankrupt....now we just need a way to get rid of ford.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by mikeybiker
It will be a good thing is nissan gets chrysler. I meen look at the quality of nissan compared to dodge. But it would also be a good thing if gm got chrysler.....maybe chrysler could make gm go bankrupt....now we just need a way to get rid of ford.
Why are you here?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 AM
materialman

You know it really bothers me to hear people say things like this. Do you know how many American family's are supported by GM and Ford and Chrysler? If you want to support a foreign company and send your money overseas my friend, I guess that's your right, but considering these economic times, I don't much understand it. Let's look at the quality of Nissan vs. Dodge. I have ridden in a Titan, it didn't thrill me much. They are not selling enough to continue production, so that tells me they are not that great. I have had Dodge pickups and still have one and have gotten excellent service from them. My truck has 119,000 miles on it with no failures of any kind and still runs like the day I bought it. These companies mean something to America and Americans, and we do not want them to fail. Why don't you move to Japan or take it to a Nissan forum.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:48 AM
mikeybiker
Rookie

I work in the oilfield in canada and out of every brand of truck toyotas and nissans hold up the best (even better the i tons) and more companies are using them as fleet trucks. And as on on looker i could say alot about the US economy and the war but thats not what this is about....im just saying that nissan could steer dodge in the right direction.....the gm thing was more of a joke.....And altair i got bored in our forum haha

Old 10-24-2008, 08:37 AM
materialman

I work in the oilfield in canada and out of every brand of truck toyotas and nissans hold up the best (even better the i tons) and more companies are using them as fleet trucks. And as on on looker i could say alot about the US economy and the war but thats not what this is about....im just saying that nissan could steer dodge in the right direction.....the gm thing was more of a joke.....And altair i got bored in our forum haha
Well Mikey being from Canada I now better understand your attitude. I am sure you do not feel the same attachment to these companies as an American. But remember, these companies employ many Canadians too and if they fail, it will affect their families as well. We do have something in common, I was and still am in the oilfield. I worked on the construction side building big pipelines all over the country. There is nothing harder on a truck then putting it on a pipeline right-of-way. Been there, done that, and I know that American trucks will stand up to the job, and stand up well. I am not saying Toyota or Nissan won't stand up, but I know that in my experience, have no advantage over an American truck period. This "myth" that Aisan vehicles are "superior" and American vehicles "inferior', is just that, a myth to me. I just don't see it. I now work for TransCanada pipeline, and I can tell you this, if there was a "Japan Pipeline Company" trying to put TransCanada out of business, I would be against it because I know how many people in Canada would be affected. My point is, Japan Pipeline could not deliver gas any more efficienty or better then TransCanada, so why not support the home team? Nissan and Toyota do not build a better truck then GM, Ford, or Chrysler, so why not support the home team and keep the money at home? It makes all the sense in the world to me. Buying American matters, save our companies, it's almost too late.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:39 AM
materialman

Oh by the way Mikeybiker, let me guess, you ride a Yamaha.....

Search this Thread