Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

At least Ford is not taking our money...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nofrag
Back on topic(expecting some moderation in here), hopefully the concessions will give them enough survivability to get the loans. The loans can carry them until the industry saving models come out.

What I would suggest for GM, is to kill the doubled and tripled models. Kill all of the domestic brands and bring it all under the GM brand(they're already putting GM badges on their cars), and keep one model from every class. Also I would suggest they sell Saturn, rather than just kill it.
And the same could be said for Ford and Chrysler as well... killing off the 3-4 vehicles on one platform with minor changes would indeed save alot of money in the long run...

I think they should keep Saturn and kill Buick off personally..

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Nofrag
Champion

I'd like them to keep saturn too, but they don't like saturn and plan to kill it, that's why I said they should sell it instead because it is a good asset.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Folding gates are superior to the crappy fixed side-walls that US trucks have.
So extra weight, increased complexity, and decreased strength are clearly superior? There is a reason the current design became mainstream, you seem to be all about free market, well the market spoke. If the market agreed with you that design would still be around and popular.

Originally Posted by Nofrag
I'd like them to keep saturn too, but they don't like saturn and plan to kill it, that's why I said they should sell it instead because it is a good asset.
I don't understand their insistence on keeping Chevy and GMC, they're the same freaking thing except Chevy has a few extra models. Dumping GMC makes more sense than dumping another brand with it's own unique (well more unique at least) lineup.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
b-kenny1

Maybe it's not your job that's not on the line, but a lot of us are going to lose big time if one of the 3 go out, so go play in your corn field

Last edited by Altair; 12-06-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Removed personal attack
Old 12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

b-kenny1 please read the forum rules before posting.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...n-Save-Detroit?

There was a video article on this on ABC, where they were showing the average blue collar GM employee makes $75 an hour....compared to the $45-$50 an hour that Toyota/Honda/Nissan pays its employees...

Now, that right there explains the situation we're in......it adds up to anywhere from $1500-2000 per car difference...

Come D I know your smarter than to spread this 75/hr nonsense. I already dispelled this crap in another thread.

If you do your homework that number is so out of whack its not even funny. That number includes, my pay (27/hr not 72+ nonsense) + my benefits about 8 bucks an hour + all retirees pension + retirees health care divided by the number of current workers. Its not correct at all. Not only that its very damaging to our public image. Keith O. sets the record straight here.

http://uaw.org/auto/12_01_08auto1.cfm

Joe

Old 12-07-2008, 09:52 AM
b-kenny1
Angry Response to VW & DODGE

Originally Posted by Altair
b-kenny1 please read the forum rules before posting.
Sorry, Altair my response was not directed at you, but the poster known as
WV & DODGE. It's frustrating knowing that the rest of the country almost seems like they want us here in Detroit to go down the tubes. Say want you want about The Big Three and the UAW, but they built the middle class as I see it, which is now under attack from Wall Street and else where. Again, sorry, I'll use more restraint.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
silvermach2002

"Dodd says Ford is the healthiest of the Big Three U.S. automakers."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081207/congress_autos.html

Old 12-09-2008, 03:06 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Cool

Originally Posted by SHAPman
Come D I know your smarter than to spread this 75/hr nonsense. I already dispelled this crap in another thread.

If you do your homework that number is so out of whack its not even funny. That number includes, my pay (27/hr not 72+ nonsense) + my benefits about 8 bucks an hour + all retirees pension + retirees health care divided by the number of current workers. Its not correct at all. Not only that its very damaging to our public image. Keith O. sets the record straight here.

http://uaw.org/auto/12_01_08auto1.cfm

Joe
Oh I know there's more to it then what's advertised, but what I was getting at is exactly the money the Big 3 are losing per car to maintain that.....and that it needs to be fixed.

I got no complaints with anyone who does their job, honors their contract, and gets what they earned..

Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silvermach2002
"Dodd says Ford is the healthiest of the Big Three U.S. automakers."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081207/congress_autos.html
They seem to be and that is surprising... on some levels.

Quick Reply: At least Ford is not taking our money...