Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler shutting downs plants for a month

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
big.bryant
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah watch one of the most recent top gear shows and they got between 50 and 80mpg in the three cars that they drove, sure it is a english gallon which is bigger but still that is a hell of an economy car

Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You make a car that has less emissons and uses more flue, vers a car that has more emissons and gets better mileage, In my mind thier running abought = once you facter the emisons from getting the oil out of the ground and turning it into flue.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone429

My next car or truck is not going to be a dodge, Ford or GM, I have owned only big three built products, never a forgin brand until now ( 2000 toyota senia ) bought used.

Did you hear that Toyota is going to have a huge loss this quarter as well! First time for them in a really long time. I strongly believe Americans have their heads up their asses and for some reason think foreign crap is better than Domestic made vehicles. That may have been the case in the early 90's but not now. All cars are very close in quality these days. It's the common american who believes otherwise that is putting everyone at jeapordy for the main 3 plants. Look at the 2--7 Camry for exampe. There has been numerous recalls on that car and that's supposedly the best buy of all cars....lmao
People need to get a grip on reality and stick to buying American made or we are all going to be in a world of sh*t.

I have had the same motto for a few years now. Buying a domestic car is cheap and reliable transportation. Buying a foreign car is just money in the bank because you pay top dollar for less of a vehicle and you can sell it for top dollar. Their cars are not better(in most cases, chincier than domestic) and they are the same as reliability.
You see many domestic made cars and trucks these days with well over 200kmi on them. The Ford Taurus is one of those pigs as well as the 3.8L chevrolet monte carlo and Impalas

Don't hear about many Tundra's having problem, that probably because they are only a fraction of the trucks that are out there. The more of one vehicle...like the Taurus that there are, the more you'll hear about problems. That doesn't make them a bad vehicle, just the fact there are soooooo many more on the road to even have an issue. There's like 150,000 F-150's on the road for each Tundra. Get my point

Old 12-24-2008, 06:57 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt north American products are any where close to what comes out Of Japan. I allways felt Toyota and Honda were dog meat compared to a Ford, gm or chrysler built product.

This all changed a year ago when I replaced my Girl Friends tried and true 2002 chrysler mini van that was rear ended and wrote off.

We drove the Ford windstar, Grand Caravan, Chevy venture ( Gm still fixing head gaskets ) Honda mini van Toyota Seina and the Kia Sadona.

I liked the Kia van, the windstar was garbage, the Honda and toyota mini vans were so much nicer, better performance ride and creature comforts, but, they were verry expensive, the GM vans were ok, price wise and the Grand caravan was the best of a bad lot in domostic mini vans.

So, we started looking for a used import mini van and bought a used Senia ( 2000 ) that was mint and looked after from day one.

Something is realy a miss with Dodge when a 2000 Seina out performs and out drives a new grand caravan, the 02 chrysler mini van was a good van prior to being writen off.

I have been impressed with Toyota, Never ever thought I would be, but when you take away the emotion of what you think is the best and compare all the makes of what your looking for basied upon your budget and you don't allways end up with a UAW built product.

I'm not saying domstic built products are all bad, but the market decides who stays and who goes, not were a mini van, pick up, or car came from.

Last edited by cyclone429; 12-24-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Chrysler shutting downs plants for a month