Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

This Is Now A Meltdown

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Is Now A Meltdown

Dude, sorry to harsh your mellow, but this just came over the line and it is UGLY!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/..._ge/auto_sales My only hope is that Chryco can weather the storm until the economy picks up. I kinda feel queezy. I have average credit, 652. Not good, but not bad. I was just turned down by EVERY bank and finance company to buy a new Charger. I have a 23% debt ratio. If I can't get financed, who the !@#* can?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With a 651, Toyota financed me (I know, you would never buy a Toyota, as I picked up from your Camry thread)
Earlier that day, my bank denied me financing. Those are the only two places I talked to.

Nice the bailouts aren't having their desired effect - get more credit to the market to get this economy back on track.

Oh no, they won't give you financing for a car; but 3 years ago, they'd give a mininum wage earner with $30,000 in credit card debt a loan for a $250,000 house.
Their being so **** now because they were f*cking retarded earlier. Hope you can find some monies.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Dude, sorry to harsh your mellow, but this just came over the line and it is UGLY!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/..._ge/auto_sales My only hope is that Chryco can weather the storm until the economy picks up. I kinda feel queezy. I have average credit, 652. Not good, but not bad. I was just turned down by EVERY bank and finance company to buy a new Charger. I have a 23% debt ratio. If I can't get financed, who the !@#* can?
Do you want Obama's BB address to tell him to fix it?

When did you try to get financing through Chrysler?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that ive said this before, but amanda has a family member who is a dodge salesperson, and she told us that people are trying to buy cars and trucks, but no one is getting financing right now...

Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
92oilburner
Professional

1st) With a name like Dodgerules, what the hell are you doing buying a Toyota? People like you are the problem! Thanks for nothing!

2nd) If your bank won't work with you, join a Credit Union. I just talked to my C.U. today, should be able to pick up my Grand Cherokee tonight.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Nofrag
Champion

There really should have been some strings attached to those bank bailouts.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, I don't like paying to bail them out just to buy up other banks and then not lend anybody any money to buy cars and such with less than a 800 credit rating. Total BS!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Nofrag
Champion

You know what's really bad about it though? The bankers get whatever money they want, no strings attached, with a phone call practically, and it's gifted to them, not a loan. But American car makers have to grovel for a loan, of just a small fraction of what the banks got. And people are still bitching that they even got that!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 92oilburner
1st) With a name like Dodgerules, what the hell are you doing buying a Toyota? People like you are the problem! Thanks for nothing!
Haha. At least you identified the problem.

As far as the bank bailouts, I've heard it said numerous times on numerous news networks, that the government has recieved money back from the money they gave out to the banks. The percent, I don't know or I don't recall, but they have gotten some monies back.
Irregardless, the fact is the banks can "chew more than they can swallow" and there the government is, writing out a check, and the only question being asked is, "How much money do you need this week, Chuck?'
Where as the Detroit 3 have to beg for a few billion.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll bet this new package will do very little for the economy as well!!

Quick Reply: This Is Now A Meltdown