Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Fiat CEO says his company can revive Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
443rex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiat CEO says his company can revive Chrysler

This worry's me. If it will help I would be all for it. But I owned a Fiat in the early eighties and it was the worst piece of excrement I ever owned. The Alfa Romeo's aren't bad just a little overpriced.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533299/

Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I think Fiat has really turned around and is making a quality car now. Yeah, the old ones were turds.
I hope it works. I heard today that GM is about to file bankruptcy. Can't give that crap away I guess.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
JimbobT

One of the areas that this could provide a great advantage to Chrysler is in the powertrain department. Fiat is well-versed with the development of powerful yet small engines that coserve fuel. Chrysler is currently limited to the 1.8 and/or 2.0 in the econo powerplant arena. Both of these powerplants are solid performes but still a little behind the curve with regard to fuel efficiency in relation to power.

Fiat can bring a lot to the table in this area. Even more so with the new Multiair system they announced yesterday, which will reportedly provide fuel savings of around 25%.

Whether you personally agree with it or not, the new administration in DC will be mandating higher m.p.g. requirements soon so these technologies from Fiat may prove to be a boon for Chrysler in the long-run.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
thehemiman12345
All Star

Does fiat own alfa?...I really do love the new alfa's but ya cant buy em here, maybe this would get em over here in the next few years?...

Old 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
443rex

Just checked this out and I think this would be a very good thing for Chrysler. They need to get it done. This car would really boost their MPG so they could keep making the 6.1 Challenger and those awesome trucks we love so much.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=121677#4

Old 03-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thehemiman12345
Does fiat own alfa?...I really do love the new alfa's but ya cant buy em here, maybe this would get em over here in the next few years?...
Yes, one of the things they want to use this partnership for is to bring the 500 and alfas here. Not sure if they would become Chrysler cars though, I'd imagine Alfa will stay under it's own name. I could see the 500 and Grande Punto doing well for Chrysler though, just please please leave the Multipla in Europe. We don't need Chrysler to be the one bringing about the second coming of the Aztek...

Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Ive got no problem with a few Fiats wearing chrysler badging. As long as we get a few stylish coupes, roadsters and wagons with high revving 4 cyl engines that handle well and can be easily tweaked for performance and manual trannys are offered, Im all for it. Im especially all for it if this means that the more economical stuff is built by Fiat, and the Challengers, Wranglers, Rams, etc continue to maintain their substance and character without being tainted by all the enviro/mpg crap.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
emawk

Fiat makes very nice small cars, and that's just what Chrysler needs. All Chrysler needs to do is do something about its current car designs, which are anything but nice (excluding the ram).

Chrysler has the potential.

Quick Reply: Fiat CEO says his company can revive Chrysler