Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Warranty's if Chrysler goes Bankrupt.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Trigger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
It stinks, I bought 3 new Dodges last year to take advantage of the lifetime powertrain warranty. If they fail, it will be worthless.
Yep. That's right.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Doc Holliday1863

I heard the same thing Drober 30 so i'll be keeping a close eye on the news Friday 4/03/2009 i just gave my Dodge dealer a call ad ths uy is more like a friend because we have been doing bisiness for over ten yearsand he said nothing to worrie about.
What else could one expect from a dealer when in reality they dont know anymore than we do.
have a good weekend everyone and keep this thread updated bcause alot of people are keeping their fingers crossed.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 PM
emawk

Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man
The government has no right to mandate who can or cannot be the CEO of a PRIVATE company. The constitution and declaration of independence were written to keep private citizens free from the tyranny of government. I guess there must be some fine print somwhere that says except for Rick Wagoner among others...
It's the Detroit automakers that came asking. The government didn't impose itself onto them.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
ThunderRoad05

What on earth would posses you to buy a pt cruiser!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Snoviper
Rookie

As long as Chrysler emerges from this (as a whole car company), they will honor the warranties. The worst thing they could do is alienate their customer base. Only if they liquidate would the warranties be a problem, unless you bought after the Obama warranty upgrade.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

From an article today, two areas of importance:

"Gonzalez also approved Chrysler’s motions that will let it continue to honor its warranties and continue its current banking practices." (Gonzalez is the judge presiding over the case)

and

"At a hearing Friday in Manhattan bankruptcy court, Chrysler attorney Corinne Ball said the company will also file its motion to sell substantially all of its assets to Italian automaker Fiat Group SpA before Saturday morning." (it sounds like Fiat will be the majority owner, not the government.

Here's the full article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30515694/

Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

As per the corporate letter released yesterday from Bob Nardelli
QUOTE" We want to personally assure everyone that the new companywill produce and support quality vehiclesunder the Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler brands as well as parts under the Mopar brand name. Chrysler employees will become employees under the new company. Chrysler dealerships remain open for business serving ourcustomers. All vehicle warranties will be honored without interruption and consumers can continue to purchase our vehicles with complete confidence"

So, all of our lifetime powertrain warranties will remain in tact!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Altair
Their only screwup there was merging. They had the "merger of equals" and as soon as they were out of the spotlight and behind the curtains Daimler bent Chrysler over the counter and raped them. Go back and look at everything that went down with Daimler at the helm.
Bingo, Ding Ding Ding you WIN! That is exactly what happened. Chrysler had a lot of cash in the bank when Daimler and Chrysler merged as equals. Ya right as soon as Daimler went through Chryslers cash to develop "things for Chrysler" then scrapping the idea only to give it to Mercedes...kinda ****ty way of stealing money. That engine in the Crossfire was developed and paid for by Chrysler but is used and developed for Mercedes at no charge, so that is a few ways the rape occured. Oh and promises, they built a whole paint shop at the plant I was at just to tear down the whole thing a couple years later and never ever have it in operation. What a fiasco and waste of money that was. Funny they close the van plant but all of a sudden a year or so later come out with a butt ugly van. They whole argument was the standards of fuel mileage and crash testing ---main one of the governments could not be met with the unibody B-van so they chose to mothball the plant. The only plant that always made money, it was paid for and the technology really had not changed that much obviously since they had not changed the frame to withstand the up coming crash test requirments as I said. So what happened, why move the whole van , just build that ugly thing where is was being built anyway, small efficient already paid for plant.
Even had a new paint shop, and at the time the Canadian dollar was so cheap. Poor decisions and Daimler making Chrysler look bad. Sales in Canada of Chrysler have been increasing but nobody cares they only care about the US and more...Mexico. We all are fools to buy vehicles that got shipped off to Mexico. Either US or Canadian built is my motto since we are so close of neighbours we should stick together. So I got off topic again but Daimler just used Chrysler as a bank account when empty they twisted the facts and make Chrysler look bad. It's a shame that was allowed to happen. Somebody made some money up there like Jergen Shrimp or whatever the crap eaters name was. Bet a few Chrysler bigwig got paid off the make themeselves look bad hell I would tell people I was a pedophile if you promise to pay me 20 million a year for 5 years with stock options and blah blah blah. That was the demise of Chrysler.......Daimler's meeting of equals. The cash and I think they wanted to get their hands on the jeep technology too. Surprised someone else doesnt want it for that alone?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Altair
Well before the merger Chrysler was one of the lowest-cost highest profit automakers in the industry, $12 billion cash on hand. I can't find links to all the stuff I've read about it right now, there's a lot of information about it scattered throughout other articles on allpar. Some of the changes they made in quality control at the factory level actually contributed to reduced quality. They sucked some cash out of Chrysler too. The technology and platforms they did share were outdated Mercedes tech, not current. When they were sold to Cerberus Lee Iaccoca (Who spearheaded Chrysler's return to life in the 80's) wrote an article for business week: http://www.businessweek.com/autos/co...TOKEN=32903737
I sincerely think Chrysler thought teamed up with Mercedes was gonna be the quality sticker they needed but like you said Mercedes had the plan to just take what they want and all the money make it look like Chrysler was a mess and spend all the money pay off a few people. Then lay it on thick that Chrysler was bringing them down. Well I have to say were I live if you count out of 10 cars on the road, 8 are Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep takes about 100 before you see a Mercedes. Maybe even 500. Off topic sorry.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:20 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Hopefully this marriage will be a bit better. Fiat seems to have their act together and are not currently in the USA as Daimler was.

Quick Reply: Warranty's if Chrysler goes Bankrupt.