Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler says it has Fiat deal framework

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, my 09 Caliber (2.0L CVT2) has more than enough front seat leg room for my 6'2" body. Quite comfortable. It will get well over 30mpg on the highway. Heck, my wife drives 7 miles to work in stop and go traffic after warming it up in the mornings on E10 fuel and still gets 20mpg. Not shabby. If I drive it to work 2 days a week on the same fill-up that she drives on, (36 miles each way) it jumps to 27mpg average. (This is calculated, no MPG monitor in the car).
I have nothing against the Neons, but I like the looks of the Caliber better. Looks like a mini Magnum.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Trigger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gageguy
5 people over 5' 10" in a neon? Please, take a picture. lol. I had a '98 neon that I beat like a step child. Sold it to a guy I work with at 135,000 miles and he is still driving it 175,000 miles. Not bad for a loaded R/T (except chrome wheels) that I bought for just over $12,000.

As far as the Fiat deal, here on the shop floor we are expecting bankruptcy. Whenever some one says "what's up" or "how's it going" the response is "28 days" or, how many days until the 30 day period is up. If you really look at all the things that need to fall into place in 30 days, it looks impossible. The biggest issue is no one wants to take on the approximate $6 -$8 billion in debt load already incurred without going forward.
Oh please do share. We all want some insider knowledge here

Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Gageguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No insider info. just that the Detroit news or Free Press had an article a few days ago that bullet pointed about 10 things that need to all come into line for Chryser to survive. I did more on line research about some of them and it just seemes very unlikely all things can be satisfied, especilly in only 30 days.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

They are close, but the bungholes @ Citigroup are resisting a conversion of debt to equity deal that is needed for the merger and survival. Others such as Cerberus, Dailmler and J.P.Morgan have already agreed to do so.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Yes, 5 people in a Neon. As stated, it is tight, but can be done. In a Caliber, it can't be done. If I post a picture, will you pay me $100? Put your money where your mouth is, as it were.
think 5 is tight? try 10 teenagers. thats tight! but we somehow all fit in my old green Neon back in like 99 or something lol.

Quick Reply: Chrysler says it has Fiat deal framework