Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Fiat to sign the dotted line

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM
TheBayouCity
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far, it looks good for Chrysler and us too. As long as the company isn't sold off in parts or liquidated. Us owners should be ok with our vehicles and warranties.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

Effin NAFTA caused nothing but problems... Not too mention the UAW needs to be disbanned... This is what happens when you have a society of people protecting lazy people... Not that all UAW members were lazy but most of them were.... Pisses me off!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Chrysler is filing Chapter 11.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Filing 11 is OK. Either the creditors take the deal Chrysler offered, and Fiat signs. Or they file 11 (which the government says it will now bacK), they tell the creditors you only get x cents on the dollar, then Fiat signs.

The only thing the 11 filing is going to do is restructure the debt. They are not going to allow any other concessions, especially at it pertains to warranty. Chrysler will be around, teamed with Fiat, to make new Chrysler products, warranty the old ones and also offer a small/compact car line.

The government is actually upset at the creditors, stating they gave them as much time as possible for them to "do the right thing".

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/AP-sou...n&asset=&ccode=

Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 AM
status1

In court documents, Chrysler said it won't keep its Sterling Heights, Mich., plant that makes Chrysler Sebrings and Dodge Avengers, and the Conner Avenue plant in Detroit that makes Dodge Vipers. The St. Louis North plant that makes Dodge Ram pickups would also close

I am hoping they will keep the Dodge Charger but who knows what will happen in the future

Old 05-03-2009, 01:41 AM
italian dodger

i search for 3 year a dodge van.... now fiat & dodge togheter... if i Knowed this i buyed a FIAT DUCATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for bad english!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Trigger
Professional

One of the details people seem to be missing is: Chrysler is filing for Chapter 11. They are closing the plants for 60-90 days. When they resume operations in July or August, the economy isn't going to be any better.

If banks aren't lending money, nobody is buying new cars or trucks, from any of the manufactures'

I think this will just prolong the enevitable.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Getting Fiat involved may not be such a bad thing. I just realized they either own or have a controling interest in IVECO. There was a SEMA show a few years back where they took a 3.0-ish 4cyl IVECO turbo diesel and stuffed it into a Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and even on 35 inch tires, lifted about 4 inches and packed with all kinds of offroad goodies they claimed it maxed out at 27 mpg on the highway. If I remember right, the hp was modest at around 170 or so, but the torque numbers were over 300. All I have to say: Yes, please.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Fiat, who also owns Alfa-Romeo and Ferrari, is now looking to buy GM's European division as well. This includes Opel and Vauxhall. Possibly Saab, but more than likely not.
I wonder if the Viper will stay around since Fiat already owns Ferrari? Not that I care, I could never afford a Viper and personally would rather have a R/T Challenger anyway

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090504/..._italy_fiat_gm

Quick Reply: Fiat to sign the dotted line