Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

The new Dodge RAM Brand...!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The new Dodge RAM Brand...!

In case anyone missed it on the DF front page...click here for more info on the new Dodge RAM Brand.

Im interested to see what chrysler does with the dakota...and the crossovers. i have a feeling that this might be in relation to CAFE laws, but i guess that we will find out..

Old 10-07-2009, 03:10 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dismanlteling of chrysler has begun.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Originally Posted by SHAPman
The dismanlteling of chrysler has begun.
if you dont mind my asking, are you back to work shapman? it would seem to me that at this point, working for the "ram brand" is the better place to be..no?

Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I still have hope that his type of restructuring will be successful. It saved Fiat, hopefully, it will do the same for Chrysler.
They can't do much worse than what Daimler did to the brand.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

That's my take on it as well. I understand people making their assumptions of what is coming, but its not like fiat took a thriving company and changed a bunch of things...they took a company that was bankrupt and they're trying to make what they can out of it. If nothing else, aren't they prolonging some jobs compared to where they were a few months back.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Exactly.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

No I took the buyout and got off the crazy train. But I still have many friends there. They are spinning off the car line to kill it. The chrysler brand will most likely done around 2012. Fiat did not take chrysler for the brands, but the dealer network.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

That will not happen. They will always have a minority stake in Chrysler, the UAW being a majority stakeholder. BTW, this weeks Autoweek said the opposite. Chrysler is going upmarket to take on the J@panese and G@rman brands-head on, with the Hemi as the foundation.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:51 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Is anyone else laughing as hard as I am about this one? Chrysler and upscale? We have tried that before and failed big time. Here is the deal, shap is closing, no replacement in chrysler line. The sebring/avenger replacement is alfa based and will be imported. Jnap will close next GC to move to tnap, thus killing the nitro, and commander(which is already dead). The fiat 500 may send the caliber packing. Not good for belivdere assy. They have already stated one minivan will go away. Most likely it will be the T&C. So where does that leave the chrysler brand?? 300. Thats it. Thus the end of the chrysler brand. And now that the dodge cars are seperate from the trucks they will go away as well. So whats left? Jeep will be suv's, Ram will be trucks, and minivans, fiat bargain line, alfa premium line. Chrysler?? most likely gone. If people really knew how Obama sold out chrysler they would have like the loan program even less since it will be outsourcing most of its product line.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

That scenario may well be right, but only if the board majority (UAW) approve it. I can't imagine them voting themselves out of jobs. But, the FIAT models will be produced here, after the first round being imported. According to Autoweek, they are already preparing a couple Michigan plants to produce a small car based on a FIAT. If they can keep them from dying too soon, FIAT's might be a good thing. Anyway, the Alfa 8C may be the best looking car in the world right now. I'd love to see a DOHC 5.7L Dodge engine with Viper styling added, that would be a dream car.
http://www.seriouswheels.com/abc/Alf...-1600x1200.htm

Quick Reply: The new Dodge RAM Brand...!