Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge M4S Intercepter Vs. 1992 - 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it works...what should we be focusing on there?

Old 12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus

I would say for me integrity = repeat customers ,and Kelly Blue Book backs that site up they say a 1992 IROC R/T in Exellent Condition from a Dealer about $3,000 bills. From aprivate Seller about $2,500 in Ex.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:20 AM
superbleu
Default To Late

I find it curious that you don't consider them collector cars, yet you want to by 8 of them. As far as being collector cars I think that ship has already sailed, they are already collector cars and I think you’re just trying to find some for cheap, by the sounds of it. If you had been paying attention to the market you would see that they sell in the 6-10,000 dollar range routinely, with rarer colors and low mileage units higher, sometimes much higher. Sorry, Kelly Blue, while somewhat accurate on used cars is hardly ever close on collector cars.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Smile Collector R/Ts

Originally Posted by superbleu
I find it curious that you don't consider them collector cars, yet you want to by 8 of them. As far as being collector cars I think that ship has already sailed, they are already collector cars and I think you’re just trying to find some for cheap, by the sounds of it. If you had been paying attention to the market you would see that they sell in the 6-10,000 dollar range routinely, with rarer colors and low mileage units higher, sometimes much higher. Sorry, Kelly Blue, while somewhat accurate on used cars is hardly ever close on collector cars.
The boat may have sailed for some, low miles have to be original miles, not with rebuilt engines. They are indignant prices like $5,$6 to $10K until someone is stuck with one that they can't even maintain. The most rare point of the car the claim that the heads are a Lotus product. The heads are conceptually by Lotus. This is no Lotus, Lotus Product, Hands on by Lotus, Lotus or British Manufacturing Standards, and is as a result another portion of the car unfortunately you just couldn't get parts for. They to were manufactured by Chrysler. The $5 to $10K price range is remarkably the same price range as a Buy Here Pay Here Buy as it is Used Car Lot. This car will never be on the block in a true collector's market and maintain any price, their standards just aren't met.

My uses for the car are for customizing, performance modificatin, and conceptual redesign. To be moved in to an arena like SEMA, and shows of the like. It will be what I make it. This is common public information at my profile and homepage.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
superbleu
Default Facts Are Facts

Originally Posted by VERNONDODGE
The boat may have sailed for some, low miles have to be original miles, not with rebuilt engines. They are indignant prices like $5,$6 to $10K until someone is stuck with one that they can't even maintain. The most rare point of the car the claim that the heads are a Lotus product. The heads are conceptually by Lotus. This is no Lotus, Lotus Product, Hands on by Lotus, Lotus or British Manufacturing Standards, and is as a result another portion of the car unfortunately you just couldn't get parts for. They to were manufactured by Chrysler. The $5 to $10K price range is remarkably the same price range as a Buy Here Pay Here Buy as it is Used Car Lot. This car will never be on the block in a true collector's market and maintain any price, their standards just aren't met.

My uses for the car are for customizing, performance modificatin, and conceptual redesign. To be moved in to an arena like SEMA, and shows of the like. It will be what I make it. This is common public information at my profile and homepage.
You are once again quite wrong!! The heads were designed and originally built by Lotus. After Lotus could not keep up with demand a company called Dunn took over production.( This is widely know information) This does not mean the engines were a Lotus product, the engine was designed by the Shelby Auto Group, as were many of the turbo- Chrysler engines. As far as the HP claim, if you care to look you will find in the Dodge order book that Chrysler described the engine as "The most hp per cubic inch of any Chrysler engine built." Not the most powerful 4 cyl. ever as you describe it. The TIII engine held that title until the SRT-4 Calibers engine made 275 hp on 2.4L. As far as pricing I stand by my previous post, last time I checked the market determines a cars value, not any single individual. If you don't want to pay the price I guess you won't get the cars. I didn’t like paying $42,000 for my new Challenger either, but my not liking it didn’t lower the price a single dollar. It might pay to do a little research so you know what your talking about before you make such sweeping claims as I have read in this and other posts. Most of what you have written is simply wrong. This seems a odd way to by a car, I want them, but they are to expensive, and pieces of junk. Get some facts, not opinion.

Last edited by superbleu; 12-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Default As I describe it.

These as I describe it things as you say are simple reflections or quotes to what the so called source of information says. By all means correct them. As far as price thee ars are not brand new Dodge Challengers, and those sorts of sales markets do not dictate collector's markets. Checking sure stick to the facts, I've only been a record Chrysler Sales Person since 1966. That's public info too. Why do we not ever see one in a setting like Barrett Jackson, Hemmings, Aftermarket Restorations, or any other if what you say is true. If is is true again I say simply show me the facts if your trying to sell something based on it. Do the selling.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
superbleu

Originally Posted by VERNONDODGE
These as I describe it things as you say are simple reflections or quotes to what the so called source of information says. By all means correct them. As far as price thee ars are not brand new Dodge Challengers, and those sorts of sales markets do not dictate collector's markets. Checking sure stick to the facts, I've only been a record Chrysler Sales Person since 1966. That's public info too. Why do we not ever see one in a setting like Barrett Jackson, Hemmings, Aftermarket Restorations, or any other if what you say is true. If is is true again I say simply show me the facts if your trying to sell something based on it. Do the selling.
Unlike you I am selling nothing!! The truth is on my side and I can let facts speak for themselves. These cars change hands, not in the old world ways, check eBay or some of the turbo sites on the web. Do the research. If you are a awarded Chrysler salesman, how could you know so little about them? All this does not add up. I have collected cars since the late 60, I know a collector car when I see one. The Iroc R/T is a collectable car as well as many other of the Turbo-Mopars, GLH, GLHS, Shelby cars, CSX, VNT’s. I am not sure what your angle is, but I am sure you have one.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:48 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Default Truth is in the right place

I am selling nothing either, this is a discussion with free opition. Like I said before I back up mine views with something. My opinions are clearly stated as such, and others are delivered their cordial respect. I have yet to see any fortifications for yours. Its okay though, this is a discussion for anyone to participate in, and as much of learning forum as any public venue. mopars are that solid for me.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:33 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Talking Facts

Show me the factory build sheet with the registered Chrysler Dodge Trademark. It will show the validation I already mentioned long ago that would gladly except, and this is "Collector's Market" simple standard. It will list the components by name, even in what order they were assembled. It comes with the brochure and lollipop when you actually buy something, or if you have a VIN you can call Chrysler and have them send you one. Its a simple and very reasonable request. Why would someone make it seem dificult if they were honorable with their claims.

Lotus is not the only one who didn't even touch the car. This also applies to Shelby. The man or company. The only ones that were in Shelby's pocession were the Shadow and the Daytona's father if you will the 2.2 Charger and vehicles of that particular era, the same engine that has actually delivered something to the automotive industry i.e the Interceptor's numbers. Indeed the ship has sailed. The truely good thing that the car represents is the ushering out of Mr. Mustang Iacocca from behind the Chrysler big chair using Chrysler as Ford's test rat, and the car is the end of the reaming. Its surely nothing to get all wee weed up over. This is all the most common of knowledge, as well. What ever happened to the Trade Phrase we appropriately don't use here. "Dont Bull**** a Bull****er" especially when your shootin' smoke at a resume like that.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Default 1986 M4S Turbo Interceptor from the man who made it

From the words of a former Chrysler Corporation Employee that spoke breifly with the designer and project developer of the Dodge Wraith M4S Turbo Interceptor Bob Ackerman who still works at Chrysler LLC. As a result, I'll expect like any other corporation he is bound by laws and prison time of what information he can come forth with. Even workings with Diamler at the time of the making of the car. As is also common knowledge Diamler was into Mitsubishi by that time, and of course also well into Formula - 1 with the British Race Car Maker MacLaren, and maintains subcontractors like B.F Goodrich which owns Holley and a bunch of others, Bosch, Honeywell, and bunch more that are well known to be next to exclusive Chrysler OEMs.

They all say there was over 30 cars made, and that's currently all the man can legally mention, still being an employee and under obligation. I only was put on hold of course for a hour today at the Arizona DMV.

I hope you have more than that, and only a few made to claim its a collector's car. I do know what I'm talking about as you can see, before I pay a sucker's price buying something hook line and sinker, just because you say so.

Last edited by VERNONDODGE; 01-06-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Final

Quick Reply: Dodge M4S Intercepter Vs. 1992 - 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T