Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge M4S Intercepter Vs. 1992 - 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Dodge M4S Intercepter Vs. 1992 - 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T

There are many dealers and particularly private sellers that discount the M4S 1986 Limited Production of over 30 cars plus the PPG Indy Pace Cars as insignificant to the car collector and value markets (Barrett Jackson, and Collectors' Value). I would say as an experienced Mopar man with experiences of being on the right side of a top-notch Mopar Showroom since 1965, as well as the influence of the racing world in mopar particularly in those hay day Hemi years (notice the Origins of Bill Flynn's Yankee Peddler Photos particularly those at my Father's Dealership, and later at my Father's Mechanic Sunoco Station, which helped him sell the most Hemis in the entire United States, also notice the Award Photos from Chrysler to suppport that). After the years of being front and center at Chrysler, hopes and dreams of conspicuous consumers have morphed into snake oil salesmen, trying to peddle these IROCs, and particularly the IROC R/Ts at inflated values based on old Kelly Blue Book Values, this was when replacements, parts, and components could still be had for the cars. They claimed in a post that they couldn't understand the significance "of some photos of some old race cars" (that you will see here in "My Garage" online), which will tell you right away the level of Snake Oil fortifying a poorly made Lemonade that they claim is the most power 4 cylinder ever built with 224 Horsepower, that this is simply not true, and collector's base facts of those of value based collectors do not support their claims. Also forthcoming information from the Chrysler Corporation is has formally been requested, we'll see the value and significance of some old race cars.

Last edited by VERNONDODGE; 12-16-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: LINKS
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what are you trying to talk us into...or out of?
you must have missed the rule about not linking to other forums?

Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

WOW, that hurt my eyes!!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Default claims of the most powerful 4 cylinder

I guess, if false information is false information anyway. To say Chrysler is going to have one lowly worker, or the expense of a labor force to hump out a bunch of junks for the benefit of movie budget or movie release time, when its cheaper to assure they have their M4S Interceptor after Charlie Sheen was done, and then to repaint the car solid black at $30,000 to $1,000,000 just for the paint job then repaint it again to put the "Official PPG Indy 500 Pace Car" back on it, or the other color scheme that they used. What it was is a "Limited Number Production" that all rolled off the "Chrysler Production Line", because anyway you look at that equation, is that it is simply cheaper for Chrysler to do so, and follow that logic that has also been released some years ago. The same path that contributes deeply to the valuations of the historical cars, as well as the super cars that are made today including also the Japanese Models.

The simple fact is, the 92-93 IROC R/T is not the most powerful 4 cylinder made at the time, its obvious big brother is. That's a fact that should not only hurt your ears, but your eyes even more, where's the integrity?

Old 12-18-2009, 01:10 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im really not sure what youre trying to convince us of...

Old 12-18-2009, 02:54 PM
gn300
Professional

What is a m4s exactly?

Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

the ppg m4s interceptor was a concept car of sorts built by chrysler in the mid 80s...it was featured in the movie "the wraith" (staring a very young charlie sheen) and the car is now at the chrylser museum in auburn hills wearing its pace car paint scheme..

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_4113-Do...c4345a73f48846

Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am missing the whole point of this... But I do rember the shelby charger, turbo Dodge colt and the FWD Daytona that wore the Irock badging. I don't rember if Gm was the first to have a Irock car, or If chrysler, Dodge were the last.

Back in the day the turbo 4 bangers were 30 grand+ cdn, I test drove one, only thing|I hated was FWD..

Old 12-23-2009, 01:45 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Post Intercepter and IROC

The Prototype at the Chrysler Museum is in the original paint scheme now and I believe not currently on display, it was a two tone Greyish or Silverish Color and a Bluish Color. Someone does have one I believe someone who is helping restore it has a photo of it at Turbo Dodges site with it's Black paint and PPG Pace Car badging. PPG and Chrysler both also have one of the PPG Intercepters on display.

The point of this is that the integrity of facts that have historically supported claims i.e. the Coronet 500s where it was necessry to produce at least that many at the time to enter the cars into NASCAR specifically, and later the HEMI Dart into showrooms an ideal pushed by the Professional Drag Racing Community most notablly Bill Flynn's Yankee Peddler the Car that is in my online Garage here, and the rest of the Chrysler and Ford Products i.e. the Galaxy 500 and such others the Talledaga, together with the demand, the availability of OEM OE, and Factory Authorized Restoration guidelines all the way to the collectors' criteria of matching numbers, these facts and marketabilty simply do not exist for this vehicle no matter how much I personally like it and respect it, so this car unfortunately will never make the grade on to a collector's auction block like Barrett Jackson or something like this, based on these maintaing criterias at such levels. Chrysler, Lotus, OEMs, OEs, or Aftermarket simply choose not put the stock in it.

I beleive it is Chevrolet that at has rights to the first IROC and last IROC badge the Dodge was in the middle, and Chrysler Corporation Customer Service currently says that anything to do with IROC I would have to call Chevy or a Chevy Dealer, I am still researching further if there is anything worth pursuing as far as components there.

My point is, although I would like one I would not pay an inflated value for one. I would like something that at least a sponsor can at least in though. Then maybe a chance for parts availability, even OEMs with a company shaking money and fist, is more likely to obtain results. Until then, the HOPE to meet a collectors' auction block or collectors' marketplace, doesn't retain much of a chance. Though you'll notice it does have my support.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:32 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Originally Posted by BadStratRT
im really not sure what youre trying to convince us of...

I would say, if you need convincing of anything any kind on the claims, where are the validating facts of the claims of the IROC or the Prototype M4S and the debatable Limited Number Production Dodge Turbo Intercepter from credable sources? I know of retorical very second hand information, but where's the validation, then I may except it? It, will include price valuations of the IROC R/T. After all Chevy's IROC are pushing $15,000 minimum in resale value, because Chevy is behind it with the OEMs.

Quick Reply: Dodge M4S Intercepter Vs. 1992 - 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T