Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

The end of the Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 08:09 PM
srtommy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The end of the Cummins

ORIGINAL: m10rules

Here is something from the Cummins website...

The Cummins Advantage.

Today, as North America emerges from a recession and the world economy starts to improve, Cummins is in an enviable position.

Our proven products are #1 or #2 in virtually every market, from mining to recreational marine. In the trucking industry, our ISX and ISM engines have proven their reliability and customer acceptance, with more than 40,000 sold and over 1 billion miles run since October, 2002. DaimlerChrysler has extended our contract to provide diesel engines for the Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel beyond 2007.
Since I work at a Dodge dealership...that is good news!!

Old 04-30-2005, 09:21 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

DaimlerChrysler has extended our contract to provide diesel engines for the Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel beyond 2007.
So it's staying? Awesome. I'd love to own a diesel Cummins in the future.

-Matt-

Old 05-01-2005, 10:17 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good news for sure. I think alot of people have come to expect a Cummins Dodge truck to be available.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:01 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

ORIGINAL: srtommy

ORIGINAL: farmer_truck

I've heard the same, except that Ford may be getting Cummins once their contract is done.
I would be logical since Ford basically owns Cummins.
How can people be so ignorant.....???

Go to www.cummins.com and go to the FAQ Section. There are some Q.A.s

One says
Q. Does Ford own Cummins?
A. Ford does not own any part of Cummins Inc.

People need to research and stop believing the Bull **** out of people that dont have a clue.

Unbelievable that people say things like this.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usualy when people say that Ford Owns Cummins these days, they are being sarcastic. Or have no clue

but it is good news that DC has extended the contract

Old 05-02-2005, 12:46 PM
srtommy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

ORIGINAL: srtommy

ORIGINAL: farmer_truck

I've heard the same, except that Ford may be getting Cummins once their contract is done.
I would be logical since Ford basically owns Cummins.
How can people be so ignorant.....???

Go to www.cummins.com and go to the FAQ Section. There are some Q.A.s

One says
Q. Does Ford own Cummins?
A. Ford does not own any part of Cummins Inc.

People need to research and stop believing the Bull **** out of people that dont have a clue.

Unbelievable that I people say things like this.
OK how about a DIRECT link to the FAQ section. I searched FAQ and got nothing.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:07 PM
dakota2112
Rookie

OK how about a DIRECT link to the FAQ section. I searched FAQ and got nothing.
http://www.cummins.com/cmi/content.j...ndex=4&index=3

Old 05-02-2005, 01:16 PM
srtommy
Veteran

I always found it funny that a Ford had Cummins written across the entire decklid of it.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:34 PM
jhalfhill
Rookie

Ford diesels are peices of crap and ford lovers know that so they have to lie bout ford owning cummins to either...

1) feel like their brand is part of a better brand

or

2) try to drag cummins down to fords level because they are jealous that they dont have a cummins ram

fords are gay and so are those die-hard ford fans that lie about anything and everything just to say they have a tough truck

Old 05-03-2005, 02:59 PM
big asp
Veteran

I've been around the forum long enough for you guys to know that I'm a pretty straight shooter. I don't BS and try to be realistic and fair. If I was in the market to buy a heavy duty truck today, I would definitely go Dodge. The new Cummins diesel is supposed to be a heck of a stump puller. But, all three big auto makers have a pretty good heavy duty product. A Duramax, Powerstroke or Cummins is going to serve you well. To make a sweeping statement that anything with a blue oval or a bowtie is crap just isn't true and hurts your credibility with people that know better.

If you look at my signature you'll see that I own an '00 F-350. I have to say that it's a great, trouble-free, hard working truck. I mainly use it for towing my cars and for getting around in the winter. I travel mostly to our shops or car events between Utah and California. This takes me up and down several mountain passes. My truck, trailer and Belvedere make up about 11,000 lbs. gross weight. I can set the cruise control at 75 mph and sit back and enjoy the ride. It never slows down one mph going up those mountains, effortlessly pulling all 11,000 lbs. To this point, it has 70,000 trouble-free miles and is going strong. In fact, it's barely even broke in. It's hardly a piece of crap.

My family builds and restores Mopars for a living. We love everything Mopar. At one time we said we'd never own a Ford or an International. Well, we've eaten our words because my brother has an F-550, my dad has two F-350s, I have my F-350, my sister has two F-350s, and my nephew has an F-350. At the time we bought these trucks, the Cummins just didn't have enough "umph" for our needs. That's all there is to it. That was reality back then. It's different today. Dodge and Cummins recognized that they were behind. They stepped up to the plate and, IMO, have raised the bar and taken the lead in heavy duty diesel trucks. And, that's good news!

Look, I'm not trying to talk any of you into liking any particular brand of cars or trucks, just be objective and realistic. Then, people will take you a whole lot more seriously.

Okay, enough preaching for today...

Quick Reply: The end of the Cummins