Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I see how it fits Fox's agenda, but no reason to blame the messenger. I just hope this isn't typical behavior of the Detroit area workforce.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Detroit doesn't have a whole lot of positive things going for it right now. If those workers live there, they may be a reflection of the frustration.

Then again, they ARE/WERE employed, which is more than many millions of folks can say.

Dusty

Last edited by dustyloins; 09-26-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
MongoDV8
Professional

The other thing to keep in mind is that noone knows what job these guys have in the plant. They could be janitors, fork lift drivers or whatever. Not all positions inside these plants directly have their hands on building cars.

Still it's another black eye on a company already trying to dig itself out of a hole.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

UPDATE: 13 of the 15 workers got fired today, the other 2 got laid off for a month without pay....

Dusty

Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They should have plenty of time to pound some 40's now.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Gageguy
Rookie

Company's Statement given to Employees.

13 Jefferson North employees discharged

The Chrysler Group has completed its investigation of the Jefferson North employees recently suspended for inappropriate conduct during their lunch period.

It has been determined that 13 employees engaged in behavior that violated the Company’s Standards of Conduct and these 13 employees were discharged today. Two remaining employees will receive a one month disciplinary layoff without pay.

As is evidenced by the swift action taken in this matter, it should be clear that the Chrysler Group will not tolerate such behavior and will continue to evaluate its protocols to ensure that something like this does not happen again.

Our customers can be assured that the Jefferson North Assembly Plant (Detroit) has implemented a comprehensive quality system for all of the vehicles it builds. This system has redundant controls that do not allow a single person’s error to result in a quality problem flowing to the customer.

In fact, early warranty results indicate that the quality performance from the launch of the new Grand Cherokee may be the best launch in the history of Chrysler for vehicle reliability.

It is unfortunate that the actions of a few people have called into question the reputation of more than 51,000 very proud, hard-working Chrysler Group employees, grateful that the American and Canadian taxpayers gave us a second chance. We take that responsibility very seriously and will work to restore the public’s faith.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM
kingpin

Glad to see they got whacked. They deserve it. It does not matter whether or not they are directly building cars. If you are in any production facility no matter what the job, you could cause an injury to you or somebody else AND cost the company tons of cash in damages, lawsuits, or bad PR. To think, there are people standing in line to get any job all over the country and these morons think its perfectly ok to get drunk or high while on lunch break. Good riddance to them, I would deny their unemployment claim if possible too. They were fired for cause. I don't care about the politics, that's red meat for the masses who believe one way or the other.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Gageguy
Rookie

Fired is not laid off, they won't collect unemployment on a firing.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 AM
jacobxstanley

Gotta love my city!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Yeah they can. the only way you cant collect is if they have an unemployment hearing in front of judge and you lose. They will also give you the start of unemployment until the case is set and if lost, they take it back by either garnishment or they take your federal refund. If you quit you cannot collect unemployment.

There might be other states that have different rules tho...not too sure but that's how my state works.

Quick Reply: Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job