Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Gageguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, found this on Michigan dot gov.

Why can a fired worker still collect unemployment benefits?

Answer:
A worker is disqualified from receiving unemployment benefits if he or she is fired for misconduct in connection with the work. If a worker is fired for incompetence or inability, rather than for willful misconduct, the worker will not be denied unemployment benefits.

Even if a worker is fired for misconduct and disqualified from drawing unemployment benefits, he or she may requalify for benefits by going back to work and earning a certain required amount. The worker will then be able to collect benefits, but the UIA account of the employer involved in the firing will not be charged for the benefits.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:56 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup...See you can still collect from bein fired. In their case They cannot, but they still might be able to collect like people in my state do until the employer refuses compensation or sets a hearing. Its an odd thing but my wife worked in a nursing home and refused to work on the violent wing after getting kicked in the stomach and they fired her. Oh...She was pregnant, too. Well they made her sign a paper and afterwards she signed for unemployment and they were paying her until they set the hearing and b/c they made her sign ths paper they used it against her and the judge awarded it to them and started taking it bak from state taxes. We eventually got it overturned but like I said that's how they operate in my state.

Quick Reply: Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job