Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job

Early this morning, the group from myFoxDetroit’s Problem Solvers posted a video of a small group of men reported to be Chrysler UAW workers from Chrysler’s Jefferson North Assembly Plant. This is the very same plant that hosted President Barrack Hussein Obama last month and as the production point for the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler has a great deal riding on the vehicles that come out of the Jefferson North plant.

The video can be viewed by clicking here for the myFoxDetroit website. It shows a group of (what we are told are) Chrysler UAW employees out at what appears to be a wooded park area drinking 40s and large cans of beer out of paper bags – meaning that not only are they drunks, but theyre drunks with bad taste. Some of the guys don’t even bother being so subtle about their drinking, sitting in vehicles throwing a few back and still wearing bright orange safety vests. During the video, some of the guys are shown smoking something, which myFoxDetroit alleges to be marijuana but there is no question that these guys were out in public, putting away the beers during a break. These fellas seem to be having a good ol’ time until one of the people from the Problem Solvers rolls up with cameras and asks them if they should be off building cars. Then they scatter like roaches when the lights go on.

Click here for the rest of the story from the Detroit Examiner

Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So much for "quality control".....!!!!!

Dusty

Old 09-24-2010, 03:59 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep, that'll be good for business

Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The sad thing is that people will just watch the first minute of the video or read the first paragraph of the article and think, "I don't want to buy a Chrysler built by these guys.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I can see the new dealer's incentive ads now....."A free case of beer with each vehicle!!!!"

Dusty

Old 09-24-2010, 02:11 PM
MongoDV8
Professional

Sad thing is this could be any car maker or any other business for that matter. Some theorize that republican leaning Fox also sees this as a chance to further embarass President Obama with his sound bites from his visit to the plant recently. Saying things like he believes in the american auto workers and the american auto industry. So was Fox picking this plant a coincadence ?

Finally, if these guys are on unpaid lunch, the company doesn't have control of what they do on their personal time. When they get back to the plant and go in that gate then thats another story.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:47 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, they were followed from gate...to beer store....to park...back to gate for multiple days. Clearly demonstrating that these guys were building cars fkd up..some of them very. Random drug testing would no doubt curb this nonsense.

I'm one of the people who have to correct their screw-ups AND answer to the pissed off customer as to why. Just think how pissed you would be if I, the technician got caught doing the same thing, then went back to work and finished putting the lugnuts or the brakes back on your WIFE'S minivan? Is it the company's business then?

Originally Posted by dustyloins
I can see the new dealer's incentive ads now....."A free case of beer with each vehicle!!!!"

Dusty
Smoke a peace pipe to seal the deal!

Last edited by TNtech; 09-25-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Two 32's shouldn't put any grown man in the dirt. :l

FOX did take it upon themselves to slam Obama in the video though.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:32 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I know several ppl like that. Its good they get caught but more than likely the ppl oing the vid never prolly told the plant manager, either. As I recall GM and other plants have the same stories of such behavior. Its not like chrysler thinks it needs breatholizers for ppl as they walk in the door.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Gageguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by dustyloins
So much for "quality control".....!!!!!

Dusty
Not condoning what they're doing, but if you believe this, steer clear of German cars. They have beer machines like we have soda machines in the break room. It wasn't that long ago Chrysler was owned by the Germans and a guy I know was there and saw it first hand.

Every job I've had (including a dealership TNtech), there were people who went out at lunch to smoke and drank. These guys got caught by the wrong person.

This was a perfect story for Fox News.
Obama - He believes in the American worker, Fox does not.
The UAW - Chrysler's issues are always the fault of the Union.
The bailout - These people don't appreciate their bailed out jobs.

15 people at a plant of 2500+ and a company of 10's of 1000's were at fault, not the entire company.

Quick Reply: Chrysler employees caught drinking, smoking weed on the job