Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

The 200 introduction

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAPman
Come on, I used to build those things, you can see the sebring lines all over that car. Changing seats, the dash, and changing the shocks and struts do not make it a new car. Only one engine changed, the V6. The majority of the 2.4's will still get the 4 speed auto. Look at the side profile of the car. Its a sebring. Using your guys mentality the minivans should be all new models as well. As they got the same upgrades as the sebring, err I mean 200.
they are billing the minivans as new as well, I believe. have you seen/heard anything about the new dodge "man van"? lol

i agree that the sides/roof/glass (they like using the term greenhouse) are the same but theyve changed the things that people complained about. the crappy interior has been improved and the ride is improved...the main complaints (at least from writers) were the uncomfortable, crummy interior and the rough ride. Chrysler bills itself as a luxury brand and the sebring was a far cry from a luxury car. next to the 300 and the T&C, the sebring was grossly out of place but i think that the changes made allow the sebring to get up to a similar level as the other vehicles. also, the car had a terrible reputation for being a cheap, low quality car...and im sure that you know how stupid the general public is...so something as simple as a name change can go a long way to kill the ghosts of the sebring.

that 4-cylinder is certainly no picnic but the pentastar makes the car a ton more fun to drive...however, most people who are looking for a car like this - especially with a 4 cylinder - arent so concerned with power output.

ultimately, i see it like this. the 200 is one of the cheapest (non-fiat) models in the entire family...so you can only expect so much but is this car better than the 2010 sebring? i would say yes.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought he was fine. I am a little disappointed that the smooth, well proportioned profile of the concept wasn't carried into production to give it a more upscale look. However, Chrysler sales are climbing dramatically with the current dated models. I think this is a good business move until the next clean slate models are introduced. Motor Trend or Car and Driver (I read a couple magazines while getting new tires)called the new Charger interior and ride the best quality in the full-size segment. I am sure the same can be said of the 200 in the mid-size class. We are still in a very weak economy. I think holding off on spending a mountain of cash for all new models is a prudent move.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an Email from Chrysler sayin the 200c gets 19/29 mpg outta that new pentastar. Not too shabby w/ all that horespower.

Quick Reply: The 200 introduction