Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

DC employee discount, i think

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DC employee discount, i think

It hasn't been done before because emps would start to complain. As they are now. I bust my can on an assy line for this company and now "everyone" gets my discount? Thanks a lot. To answer your question they reimburse up to "invoice". Not "dealer invoice", because that is lower. Plus hold back. So depending on the model they make anywhere between 2000-3500 per emp purchase. Why else do you think dealers knock each other over to get emp purchases? In the detroit area most of the car ads are for dcx emps. On average they make more on an emp purchase than a retail.

Joe

Old 07-04-2005, 05:46 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

Humm, with such good rebates on the Ram already, I wonder how the ED will work out... Do you suppose it will be on every dodge product?

Old 07-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Mopar_4_U

Typically the EP is open excluding SRT lines.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Saint
Veteran

I'm hoping that this thing isn't bogus, I'm really wanting a 1500 Hemi QC 4x4 right about now.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

Well, I guess we shal see tomorrow what the deal is. Wonder how or if they will advertise...

Old 07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
a990dna

I caught a glimpse of the EP deal on the Dodge Web site this morning ....
Ran some numbers and noticed the discount varies by model...

Trucks 14.1% off base MSRP

Probably depends on the margins built in to the base price ... including current inventory levels.

I'm wondering if this discount will be applied to the options also.

The Dodge Web site is now experiencing technical difficulties.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:07 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

I called my dealer today on the 05 Ram I've been looking at. No numbers yet, but the guy said it's going to work out about the same as last months rebates (including loyalty bonus).

Also you might expect some changes in the next couple of days. He was acting a little funny about it, but he said this is just start becuase Dodge wanted to get somthing out very quickly due to the rebates expiring last month. He said things "could" change for the better in the next coupple of days. I think he was hinting at somthing.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:25 PM
a990dna

Yea, the Fleet Manager I'm working with is doing the same. I was ready to buy last Friday using my 1% below invoice fleet deal .... he stopped me and asked "are you in a hurry?".

He went on to explain the EP program that was coming out today... at the time he quoted me an EP price lower than what I'm seeing on the Dodge Web site... but at the time he couldn't confirm the rebate value. I think the DC accountants got caught off guard with Ford chiming in yesterday.

He also said he would make sure the truck I want won't sell over the weekend... and would park it on a remote lot a mile away from the dealer out of sight.

Strange behavior.... I hope it works out in the end.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:02 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

a990dna-- Keep me up to date on what you hear as well. From the sounds of your guy, he's thinking next week the deals might change. That's very interesting that he quoted you below the ED pricing.

One other thing; the guy that I talked to said they he just had a breifing yesterday about this new pricing. I'm pretty sure they told those guys that the pricing will change the first week.

I was totally sold on the 06 Ram, but with these one time deals I'll probably go with the 05. I think I'll pay a lot more for the 06 Ram...

If anyone knows anything else, let us know! Thanks!

Old 07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Saint
Veteran

Yeah I got quoted a little lower too, the EP discount was less then on the Dodge website, but I also got $4,500 off to go with the EP price.

Quick Reply: DC employee discount, i think