Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Marcus Kelly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please.

i need some help bad... my water pump seized up and i immediately stopped, i got a new water pump and put it in, truck will crank but wont turn over, i put a scanner or obd reader and it said error: camshaft position sensor or as the guys at the autoparts store called it a pickup coil which is located in the distributor so i got a new one. still wouldn't turn over, erased all the codes etc. was still not getting spark. i pulled the valve cover off and the rocker arms weren't moving. so i pulled the distributor cap off and the rotor wasn't spinning when i cranked also. pulled the bracket off the front, pulled the water pump off and removed the timing chain cover and both gears were broken as well as the chain. put all new ones on lined up the timing got a new cap and rotor. now I'm getting spark and HAVE been getting fuel but the truck still will not turn over my pcm is fine and working what else could this be? all the distributor cables are correct also? does anyone have any suggestions or tools of the trade to help me?

Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Would be a bit helpful if we knew what the heck you were working on.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motor seize up? My grand am chain broke and the motor went with it.

Quick Reply: Help please.