Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Stratus out, Avenger in at Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:15 PM
shiltz
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stratus out, Avenger in at Dodge

well personaly I like the avenger name, it sounds more like a sporty agressive type name while the stratus is just bland boring name, that being said since they are dropping the coupe and making yet another damn sedan they may as well call it the dodge camry for all I care, the only good thing about the midsize line was the fact that you could still actualy get a coupe there, but now you won't even be able to get that.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:29 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

DevilsReject......you say you hate the Avenger.....Isn't the Stratus R/T just a renamed Avenger? The Avenger held it's resale value better than the Stratus. My Avenger has 169K miles on it and doesn't seem to be showing signs of quitting on me anytime soon. It may not be a rocket but I get 35 MPG highway and 28 city so I am not complaining. The only short coming the Avenger had besdies power was a wide turning radius, which you get used to. If it is a name thing you are worried about why don't they call the mid sized Stratus replacement the Challanger. It wouldn't be the first time that name was used on a small car. Anyone remember the Plymouth Sapparo twin named the Dodge Challenger?

Old 09-27-2005, 02:51 PM
73roadrunner
Captain

Well I'm going to guess that the basic lines of this new Avenger are going to be pretty close to Mitsu's Eclipse.

It's just a guess but if the panels won't be close at least the underpinings will be the same!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14355/B383E233FA60415180DAAF6D417D443F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Dreams.... for the replacement of the Stratus

Sedan called the Avenger
Coupe w/ a HEMI, called the Challenger

Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

I didn't think that the old Avenger was bad looking. I do like the Stratus R/Ts. THere is a used one at the Ford dealer close to me. Its red. Its really sweet looking car. I always look at it when I drive by. Unless it has high milage or its too expensive I for the life of me figure out why its been sitting there so long. I'd ****** it up in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I almost got an '03 Stratus R/T w/ leather and sun roof. I had to get the Neon though...

Old 09-27-2005, 10:19 PM
t4dude
Captain

i like the avenger name better but they need to make it faster. and hey shouldnt and i hope they never do bring the stealth back because thats basically one reason i got mine was because they are rare. and i personally like the stratus they are good loooking the rt is a alsome car.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:50 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

The Stratus itself isnt a strong name, but you are telling me that the PT Cruiser or VW Beetle is a strong name? They happen to be pretty solid selling vehicles. I wasnt saying that it was a power dominating car, just that overall it generated pretty decent sales all things considered. It's not a Pontiac Aztek or Buick Rendezvous
Actually the Beetle is a strong name when you realize that is a direct link to a very popular automobile, the original bugs... and as for the PT Cruiser, they could have named it practically anything and it would have sold equally well, it was the design that sold, not the name. The Avenger/Sebring was basically an eclipse from the front seats forward and so is/was the Stratus coupes of today. A mostly Chrysler built platform is a good change along with refreshing the name even if the car itself doesnt change much. Stratus is a wimpy sky related name, like cloud or something, not real "beefy". I am with some of the others above in saying that a car sells because of its style and feaures, not so much in the name. I mean really, would you still buy a Magnum even if it wasnt named after a gun or condom, I would... after all its still the best looking wagon around.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

The Avenger/Sebring was basically an eclipse from the front seats forward and so is/was the Stratus coupes of today. A mostly Chrysler built platform is a good change along with refreshing the name even if the car itself doesnt change much.

The coupe vehicle is the only one built/based on an Eclipse. The 4 door model which is basically what we are referring to is all Chrysler. My point was why kill the Stratus if you are STILL BUILDING the same exact car in the Sebring 4door.

The new Avenger looks like a car SUV and until I can see a production model, I cant really be happy with it.

Edit:

I definitely gotta go with Chase on this and say they need to bring back a coupe model...the Challenger would be an EXCELLENT idea....

Old 09-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was the concept Avenger back in 2003:

~Amanda

Quick Reply: Stratus out, Avenger in at Dodge