Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

DCX to invest $1Billion in St. Louis Plants

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DCX to invest $1Billion in St. Louis Plants

When I posted that, I honestly thought it was a GTP, but it is the GXP like you stated.

I think the GNX or even another high powered Regal coupe would be awesome! Those cars with their 3.8L V6's were some of the fastest cars built for the money.

The rest of your comments are right on target with my line of thought. While the GTO isnt as fast as the Corvette, its close. The biggest issue there, is more in parts rather then design. They didnt get the top end LS1, and now the LS2, motors that come in the Corvette. They get the lesser versions of it.

So, in that sense, you'd be right that Pontiac is indeed getting "shafted". I honestly think that the problem for most American car companies is they have become so bloated brand wise that they lost sight of producing quality.

My grandmother has had Buicks for most of my life. She had a Buick Regal Limited Edition with a 3.8L V6 and it screamed. She recently got a Century Limited Edition and while its big, moves pretty well considering.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

When I posted that, I honestly thought it was a GTP, but it is the GXP like you stated.

I think the GNX or even another high powered Regal coupe would be awesome! Those cars with their 3.8L V6's were some of the fastest cars built for the money.

The rest of your comments are right on target with my line of thought. While the GTO isnt as fast as the Corvette, its close. The biggest issue there, is more in parts rather then design. They didnt get the top end LS1, and now the LS2, motors that come in the Corvette. They get the lesser versions of it.

So, in that sense, you'd be right that Pontiac is indeed getting "shafted". I honestly think that the problem for most American car companies is they have become so bloated brand wise that they lost sight of producing quality.

My grandmother has had Buicks for most of my life. She had a Buick Regal Limited Edition with a 3.8L V6 and it screamed. She recently got a Century Limited Edition and while its big, moves pretty well considering.
It's easy to understand that. The one letter difference in the middle is something that is easy to miss after your used to GTP being the best of Pontiac for over ten years.

Which year Regal did she have? I guessing it was a NA 3.8L or did it have a supercharger? The 3.1L, which is in her Century, is a far cry from the 3.8L in terms of power. I kind of have a little grudge against the 3.1L after I had one in a Olds Ciera. Your right that GM does need to improve on their producing quality. They are getting better, but people keep leaving them. I think it is partly because they stink with their marketing strategy (I focus on this a lot since this is part of my dual major in college). The problem is they have been selling the same basic cars for 15-20 years. They don't want retire the outdated, uncomfortable, and unsafe W-body. They need to be revolutionary like they claim to be in their commercials, not tacky in styling like the Aztek.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:34 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

She had a Buick Regal Grand Sport. I'm not sure that it had a SC on it, but I do know it was a 3.8L. The reason I know it is that we used that engine in another car when this car was hit by a semi.

They survived with barely a scratch on them.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:18 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

She had a Buick Regal Grand Sport. I'm not sure that it had a SC on it, but I do know it was a 3.8L. The reason I know it is that we used that engine in another car when this car was hit by a semi.

They survived with barely a scratch on them.
If it was older than a '97 it did not have it, if it was a 97' or newer it had it because it was the GS model.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:52 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I believe she got it in 99...

Old 12-16-2005, 04:09 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

I believe she got it in 99...
If it was a '99 GS, then it was supercharged. That engine had some guts. A friend of mine had the same engine in his Grand Prix GTP. Lots of power. 0-60 time of 6.7-6.8 secs.

Quick Reply: DCX to invest $1Billion in St. Louis Plants