Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM
srtommy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I don't think they will take any offense... Most SRT-4s own GTs...

srtommy
Read this thread https://dodgeforum.com/m_316447/mpag.../tm.htm#316902

then tell me I don't know anything. Post #10 if anyone is scoring.
Just casue it's changing platforms, doesn't mean it won't still be called the Viper...
What?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 01-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda

I was replying to the link you posted...

ORIGINAL: deranged

As far as the long lasting sports car, how many times has the Vette gone through redesign in it's lifetime? I'm by no means a Chevy historian but without even looking it up I can think of five. Let's see 5 into 50 is 10. That would mean technically speaking that Chevy has killed the Vette 5 times as each new iteration would be considered a different vehicle (every TEN years, avg.) with a Corvette badge on it.
Just like the Corvette, the ZC platform, could mean just what is says, a new platform. It might still be called the Viper, it might still be the 8.3L...

One thing, I don't understand the Firepower being a Chrysler. Dodge is the performance branch of the Chrysler Group...

Old 01-19-2006, 05:30 PM
srtommy
Veteran

[quote]ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I was replying to the link you posted...

I was just pointing out that I predicted the possibility of the Firepower because of the Viper being out of the lineup for 2007. This thread brings more truth to the prediction in the original thread.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:35 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: deranged

I won't be able to afford the Firepower but I hope it blows the Vette in the weeds once and for all without any doubt. I'm really sick of the biased SOB's that pick the Viper apart in all the comparisons. The Viper is what it is and isn't meant to coddle some pu$$ies a$$ so he doesn't get a back ache! It's a performance vehicle-DUH!
Once upon a time the Corvette was a very expensive car and wasnt a super mass produced vehicle....it still had more made in a year then the Viper, but it used to not be a common vehicle. The fact of the matter is....the Corvette is what DCX wishes the Firepower could be....a long lasting sportscar.....

And for the record.....DCX has a history of killing every good car they have....after about 12 years....
True to form you are correct, DCX has killed another cool car. Typical BS.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

And for the record.....DCX has a history of killing every good car they have....after about 12 years....
I wish people would stop saying DCX or DaimlerChrysler... It's Daimler now, there is no Chrysler...

Like someone at Allpar said...

Question: How do you pronounce DaimlerChrysler?
Answer: Daimler... The Chrysler part is silent...

Old 01-19-2006, 07:21 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I wish people would stop saying DCX or DaimlerChrysler... It's Daimler now, there is no Chrysler...

Like someone at Allpar said...

Question: How do you pronounced DaimlerChrysler?
Answer: Daimler, Chrysler is silent...
Well, the point of refering to Chrysler is to distinguish the difference between the operations between the Chrysler Group (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep) and Daimler Group (Mercedes, Maybach, Smart, etc.). There is still a significant difference between the two that justifies them being listed as seperate. Now I realise that Chrysler as we knew it has lost its voice, but it is still slightly seperate. If it was completely together Chrysler never would have made the 4-12 concept in the first place. The fact that it didn't go over was a result of Chrysler's loss of voice.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Yeah I know there is still a difference, but it's funny...

Old 01-20-2006, 03:52 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True, a little sad though.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

And no matter what, GM has made it obvious that the Corvette will continue to SUCK forever. They struggel and try year after year, as the VIper just sits and no one does anything to it. The Viper just out does it in almost every class. The only reason its faster is because of its 3.5 Gear Ratio.

It will never be near a Viper.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:43 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

Gm with there corvette doesn't want to over price it. they are doing the best they can, well at the same time keeping it a decent price. if you can get a car close to viper performance for 1/2 the price...

Quick Reply: Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda