Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:48 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda

Chrysler needs to bring up the Firepower and drop the Crossfire....or drop the Sebring and lower the price on the Crossfire to match the Sebring.

-Matt-

Old 01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Chrysler needs to bring up the Firepower and drop the Crossfire....or drop the Sebring and lower the price on the Crossfire to match the Sebring.

-Matt-
Now THAT is a great idea.....I think Chrysler should in fact drop the Crossfire. It's too small and the truth is, it's more of a cheapo Mercedes then anything. The fact is, people WOULD pay the $35-45K for a Firepower, but not many people are buying the Crossfire. They wont drop the Sebring however, as its Chrysler's cheapo 4dr sedan, but its a very GOOD idea.

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

And no matter what, GM has made it obvious that the Corvette will continue to SUCK forever. They struggel and try year after year, as the VIper just sits and no one does anything to it. The Viper just out does it in almost every class. The only reason its faster is because of its 3.5 Gear Ratio.

It will never be near a Viper.
Yeah, the Corvette really sucks... It's 20 grand lower, and gives you all the performance a Viper gives you...with 2 less cylinders AND it will still be here in 10 years..... blah blah blah gear ratio blah blah blah....for a $80+k car....it shouldnt get spanked on by a so called piece of junk.....fact is...the Viper needs a new powerplant....or a serious horsepower upgrade....

And since the Corvette sucks so much....lets see if the Viper can even make it to a 25 year anniversary.....I do believe the Corvette is the longest selling American made sportscar for a REASON....and just because they make limited amounts of a car...doesnt mean its always the BEST car built...

Old 01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DevilsReject, I believe Matt was refering to the Sebring coupe not the sedan.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:29 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

They are doing away with the Coupe altogether I do believe....as Daimler is also eliminating the Dodge Stratus sedan AND coupe....I could however be wrong...

Old 01-26-2006, 08:52 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

the stratus is gone, but it is being replaced by something called teh Avenger.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also, there have been spy shots of what looks like a neon front end, on a higher sitting, bigger 4 door car....i believe that they are calling it the next gen sebring sedan..? or possibly the rebel...but this car does exist, and there are several of them at the proving grounds, sitting, unmasked...

Old 01-28-2006, 01:25 AM
stantheman
Professional

its called a caliber.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

By AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Published 01/16/06, 2:57 pm et

The Chrysler group will decide the fate of its Corvette fighter in the second quarter of 2006, says CEO Tom LaSorda.

The sleek, two-passenger Chrysler Firepower concept was a star at the 2005 Detroit auto show.

"Firepower is on our agenda," LaSorda said. "It is something that will come to me, probably sometime in the second quarter. We're looking at a lot of business cases, and that is one of them."
I say they go for it since they already cancelled out the ME-412. I thought the whole idea behind these autoshows was to get the publics perspective of what they like, and since it was pretty popular....GO FOR IT!

Old 01-29-2006, 05:35 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: stantheman (in reply to BadStratRT)

its called a caliber.
He isn't speaking about the Caliber... There is another small car, just like the Cailber, except without the hatch (in sedan form), that is rumored to be on the new Lancer platform... (as BadStrat said, could be the "Rebel"...

Old 01-31-2006, 01:36 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

-Matt-
Now THAT is a great idea.....I think Chrysler should in fact drop the Crossfire. It's too small and the truth is, it's more of a cheapo Mercedes then anything. The fact is, people WOULD pay the $35-45K for a Firepower, but not many people are buying the Crossfire. They wont drop the Sebring however, as its Chrysler's cheapo 4dr sedan, but its a very GOOD idea.

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

And no matter what, GM has made it obvious that the Corvette will continue to SUCK forever. They struggel and try year after year, as the VIper just sits and no one does anything to it. The Viper just out does it in almost every class. The only reason its faster is because of its 3.5 Gear Ratio.

It will never be near a Viper.
Yeah, the Corvette really sucks... It's 20 grand lower, and gives you all the performance a Viper gives you...with 2 less cylinders AND it will still be here in 10 years..... blah blah blah gear ratio blah blah blah....for a $80+k car....it shouldnt get spanked on by a so called piece of junk.....fact is...the Viper needs a new powerplant....or a serious horsepower upgrade....

And since the Corvette sucks so much....lets see if the Viper can even make it to a 25 year anniversary.....I do believe the Corvette is the longest selling American made sportscar for a REASON....and just because they make limited amounts of a car...doesnt mean its always the BEST car built...

You obviously dont understand the difference between a 3.0 and a 3.5 Gear Ratio and what differences they will make with a vehicles acceleration rate or the revolutions per minute factor.

Too bad you also have no clue when it comes out to pricing vehicles this day in age. Maybe your stuck in 1996 since a Z06 is in the same price class as the SRT-10 Viper, There are two Vipers at the Dodge store across the street where I used to work that are on sale for 78K and are Copper Head editions. And sorry, but if the Viper is ever discontinued the Vett will still be a piece of sh*t.

You the type of person who thinks because something is popular it must be good, maybe you should go back to grade school and start listening to your “Vanilla-Ice” CD Again. Makes a great match with your car.

You also don’t know the difference between and an 11.0 to 1 compression ratio VS a 9.6 to 1 ratio. GM struggles and struggle to catch up the Viper and yet still can-not catch it in the turns…. How Pathetic

The Viper is a low eleven-second ¼ mile car with a 3.5 gear ratio. But you probably don’t know what that means either. Chrysler hasn’t tried to beat anybody with the Viper for over a decade…. What do you think would happen if they even had a goal with the Viper…

It wouldn’t be fair to GM at all.

Quick Reply: Chrysler's Firepower Corvette fighter is still on automaker's agenda