Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

I have seen the next gen RAM quad P/U

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have seen the next gen RAM quad P/U

ORIGINAL: jhalfhill

draw us a sketch and scan/post it maybe vipers4sale?
little chance of me drawing a sketch of it... I can draw but memory fails me for all the details now.

I saw the Rampage concept and it has a few hints from the designs I saw, like the way the headlights meet the fenders but the grill area was more pronounced and sharper in appearance on the concepts. And of course they had a seperate bed like a normal truck not ala ridgeline style.

I think Chryslers timing in releasing a final re-design will come after the Tundra and Ford or Chevy come out with whatever they can keep their particular style under wraps. Its obvious that the Tundra has taken design cues from the Ram and the fact that it also has a 5.7 shows that even they are trying to play to the Dodge loyal fans. I will just keep my Hemi parked in the garage until the new model comes out or until they make an SRT8 Ram with that 6.1L in it, it will be worth the wait.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:11 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

a 5.7 hemi output is 375 hp and 415 torque[sm=escape.gif] **** fire and save the matchs. well my god sir!!!!i bet the new tundra wont spit out anything out like that.damn looks like dodge a ****ing around this time.i would say the 07 tundra hp will be 350 torque around 390-395. iam sure what it is its no trouble for dodge to out top it.i would say the next ram will look like the 1999 dodge powerwagon concept with a little bit of m80 in with it. the nitro / cailber/and the durango are just saying to much they all have simlier wheel fenders the durango is in the works of a refresh to the headlights and grill.[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 03-31-2006, 08:23 PM
cjwr
Professional

ORIGINAL: dakota rampage

a 5.7 hemi output is 375 hp and 415 torque[sm=escape.gif] **** fire and save the matchs. well my god sir!!!!i bet the new tundra wont spit out anything out like that.damn looks like dodge a ****ing around this time.i would say the 07 tundra hp will be 350 torque around 390-395. iam sure what it is its no trouble for dodge to out top it.i would say the next ram will look like the 1999 dodge powerwagon concept with a little bit of m80 in with it. the nitro / cailber/and the durango are just saying to much they all have simlier wheel fenders the durango is in the works of a refresh to the headlights and grill.[sm=smiley32.gif]
according to dodge, your info on the hemi is off.

345 horsepower at 5,400 RPM (335 HP in Ram 3500)
375 pounds-feet of torque at 4,200 RPM.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:08 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: cjwr
according to dodge, your info on the hemi is off.

345 horsepower at 5,400 RPM (335 HP in Ram 3500)
375 pounds-feet of torque at 4,200 RPM.

Maybe if you would read back to the beginning of this thread you would realize what was said... the concept trucks that I saw back in January had 5.7L Hemi's with the 375 Hp, we arent talking about the ones that are out right now.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:22 AM
dakota rampage
Rookie

its going to be interesting to see what kind of wild design dodge has planned. am going to buy a 2006 dodge ram rc v6 in may[sm=confused06.gif]or mabey i should wait until a pic of the new rams are spied. i find it hard to belive they can come up with a better looking design then the current rams.but you have seen them what do you think...

Old 04-01-2006, 04:46 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dakota rampage

its going to be interesting to see what kind of wild design dodge has planned. am going to buy a 2006 dodge ram rc v6 in may[sm=confused06.gif]or mabey i should wait until a pic of the new rams are spied. i find it hard to belive they can come up with a better looking design then the current rams.but you have seen them what do you think...
if you can wait another 2-3 years then it will be worth it, but if you cant then get one now. Like I say, I will only buy one of the current body-style if they end up making a SRT8 version with a 6.1L which is fairly unlikely so I am in my '04 for the long haul until the version I saw at the survey thing comes out. After all I got the 5yr-100K extended warranty so I am good to go...

Old 04-01-2006, 11:31 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

wow it must be pretty sweet i hope they dont do away with the reg cab like they did with the dakota.[sm=icon_beat.gif] the 2007 toyota tundra looks to..to[sm=scared09.gif]..well a drunking monkey with a box of sidewalk calk could have came up with a better design then that!!![:'(] nasty!!!chevy must have a hot looking silverado i read somewhere that it will take a huge sales chunk from the f150 series. nissan titan will have a redesign pro released when the next f150 and ram debut.....thanks for the info VFS...

Old 04-04-2006, 12:51 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

We need to kill the competition again. It needs more horsepower! Back in 03', we had everyone outdone, we had 50 more hp than the nearest competitor.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:14 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32349/3297DF6D0C9E43E89100A42CA25EDACA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie