Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

I have seen the next gen RAM quad P/U

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 02:54 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have seen the next gen RAM quad P/U

I went to an invitation only event where I was asked my opinion on which version of 3 different RAM 1500's I preferred. Two of the "Versions" had distinct swept forward grills, one that looked very similar to the Charger's front grill(but bigger, obviously). They all looked like they are taking the Mega-cab idea to the Quads, the rear doors are now going to be as big as the front doors with a longer rear door window being evident also. The insides of all of the versions were not to be examined though, instead they had a fourth "conceptual" version with an interior in it that we were allowed to sit in but not touch since 95% of the thing was a clay model(the seats and carpet were all we were allowed to touch while trying to sit in it). All versions had a 375 HP/ 415 lbft torque 5.7 liter. The next gen ram will have a power up/down rear window option, a 5.7 ft long bed instead of the 6.25 available now, cool rear bumpers that are more flush on the sides with the bed and with duel exhaust cut-outs in the bottom molded into the bumper itself. I really liked the sides and back of one of the models I saw but prefered the front of another. One that I didnt like looked very similar to the side of the F150 but had the strange front end of the power wagon concept truck. It also mentioned having an MP3 input jack for Ipods and other MP3 devices. The MPG rating was terrible though, quoting 9 city and 19 freeway... Prices loaded up for the models shown were at about $32,000 or so. The headlights on the 2 trucks with similar charger fronts have not shrunk any from the current model and they are now kinda pointy on the sides by the wheel wells where they follow the line. I wish I could have smuggled in my camera phone or a tiny camera, but they took everybodies phones before we walked in and they had a buttload of security watching while we took our surveys, plus I didnt want to blow getting paid my $150 for taking it either.

I must say that the new styling will be a refreshing change to even the newest street version out and that I will probly wait till they are available before I trade mine off again. I tried to catch a peak at some of the new SUV's that were in the area next to the p/u area but they had everything all curtained off so it wasnt enough to tell anything.

This HAD to have been put together by Chrysler because of the amount of conceptual trucks available and the comparison trucks were all regular street versions from Nissan, Toyota, Ford and Chevy.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:34 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Default RE: I have seen the next gen RAM quad P/U

This was here in the DFW area?

Old 01-28-2006, 08:37 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

yep it was thursday, friday and then on today and tomorrow at the dallas convention center. I got the invitation in the mail... I think I get these things because I usually buy new vehicles about every 2-3 years or so and I must fall into the right demographic profile or something.

OK I am adding to this post... I went down to the Convention center tonight to see what if anything could be seen when the survey was over. They load the vehicles out the backside so I thought maybe I could catch another look and maybe snag a pic or 2, but alas they were backing the Reliable semi's right into the center and with the security driving and standing around I wasnt able to get anything or see anything except all the comparison cars and trucks that they were loading onto car carries out on the street. I am bummed that I got to see the new Dodge Truck designs but have no way to share them with everybody else. I guess we will all have to wait till they materialize in the future to enjoy them.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:05 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

Yea, I went to one at Lone Star Park a few years back since I was a safety director and in charge of the fleet vehicles. We were all Ford so Ford paid me and the office manager (my GF at the time) to come out and sit in new trucks for 45 minutes saying what we liked and disliked about them. Kinda cool but the really cool part was the $300 made in 45 minutes!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it anything like this PowerWagon concept from a few years ago? I hope so, I really like the way this looks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/73D9E57C2F414EF2A0013F8A65B212BB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 03:32 PM
shiltz
Captain

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

a 5.7 ft long bed instead of the 6.25 available now
That's disapointing to hear, that was the one big advantage Dodge had over Ford and Chevy for pickups IMO, you could get a four door pickup and not get stuck with a shrunken bed.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:34 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

Is it anything like this PowerWagon concept from a few years ago? I hope so, I really like the way this looks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/73D9E57C2F414EF2A0013F8A65B212BB.jpg[/IMG]
Actually that is what one of the designs that they had there looked like... the front was fairly similar but it had 4 doors and the fenders were not quite as big and round like the concept power wagon. I personally liked the one that had the swept forward grill like the charger has. The only things I really didnt like was that the front fender area was a bit plain and flat and the tailgate had a bulging area that reminded me of that ugly thing on the back of the titans... except that it was molded in metal and actually part of the tailgate. It also had a dodge ram emblem that was easily 3 times as big as the current one planted dead center in the middle of the tailgate.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:55 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

did one of the three look like the rampage concept?????

Old 03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
jhalfhill
Rookie

draw us a sketch and scan/post it maybe vipers4sale?

Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Great Info, thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: I have seen the next gen RAM quad P/U