Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New Dodge car close to submission to NASCAR:

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 02:53 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge car close to submission to NASCAR:

New Dodge car close to submission to NASCAR: According to folks involved with the Dodge factory efforts, their new car is close to ready for submission to NASCAR. The target date for submission is June 1st [well..was, not sure if it made it], though July 1st is the drop-dead date set by NASCAR for new car submissions. According to the Dodge source, that car will be more recognizable [Charger? Daytona?] than any of the current fleet. The factory rep would tell the name of the car, but the huge rollout scheduled for next year's Speedweeks [at Daytona] might be a hint on what name might be hung on Dodge's 2005 entry. If / when NASCAR approves the new Dodge, it will mean that every year since joining the [Cup] tour that Dodge Cup owners have had to carve their cars up for the following season.(Speedway Scene Print Edition - issue dated 5/28/2004) and they will again in 2006, when the 'Car of the Future' [COF] will supposedly run.(6-9-2004)

From jayski.com

redriderbob

Old 06-09-2004, 06:00 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: New Dodge car close to submission to NASCAR:

Im not a big fan of Nascar but this seems pretty cool! I might have to start watching nascar to find out

Old 06-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Hemi Mayor

It will be good to see a Charger going around Daytona and Talledega next year.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a faithful NASCAR fan... I can't wait for this to happen... it gives me a happy feeling inside. LOL!!

~Amanda

Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

I'm pretty amazed that Dodge people haven't made the direct brand name appeal for the Stratus coupe that Chevrolet makes for the Monte Carlo. You've seen those tarted up "Dale Earnhardt" editions with the massive checkered flag graphics, three tone paint combos etc. You can barely swing a dead cat without hitting a Monte Carlo. Here in the midwest they are very popular.

I'd like to see some 'Nascar special' editions of the R/T coupe with the bright colors and so forth - it seems like this is just a huge market that Dodge is ceding to Chevrolet. People know the cars are front drive etc, but they nonetheless identify Monte Carlo as the "winningest nameplate."

Stratus could be considered superior performance car to the Chevy MC because you can get a manual transmission and it has the same 200hp V-6. I can't really understand why they gave the Neon the turbo treatment and didn't juice up the stratus coupe. The Neon has great acceleration, but it doesn't hold a candle to the stratus coupe in looks. It's much better looking than the stratus sedan, while arguably the Impala is better looking than the Monte Carlo.

I think the Stratus coupe might be the most under-sung car at Dodge right now. Give us some lower gearing or maybe a turbo, and don't forget the old adage about winning sunday and selling on monday.

Now the Intrepid is gone, the Stratus must carry the torch at least until 2006. This is an untapped market that is just ripe for the picking.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:35 AM
redriderbob
Banned

sorry kingelvis, but man totally wrong, lol. First off, Dodge is still campaigning the Intrepid, even though they changed the looks of it. Dodge still calls the Cup and Busch cars the Intrepid, and they still carry the Intrepid tailight decals.

Second of all, a Stratus Coupe R/T special edition, would be wrong since it is an Intrepid.

And last, the Intrepid will run through this year. The car they submitted will run in the 2005 season, and Dodge will redo the car again for the 2006 season, when the boxy body styles come back. The cars will also have larger greenhouses, and be larger in size. Which means, it will punch a bigger hole in the air, similar to the Craftsman Trucks, which in all means, better racing and more passing.

Sorry if it seems sarcastic, it isn't ment to be so please don't take it the wrong way.

redriderbob

Old 06-12-2004, 01:39 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

while i watch nascar, its only to root for the mopars.

the way i see it, theyre only going, what 200 max?

john force is running low 300s, on bad days.

drag racing rules..)

Old 06-12-2004, 08:42 PM
whitey7183

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

while i watch nascar, its only to root for the mopars.

the way i see it, theyre only going, what 200 max?

john force is running low 300s, on bad days.

drag racing rules..)
yea, but how does he handle in the corners?

Old 06-12-2004, 08:46 PM
redriderbob
Banned

NHRA is specially awesome this year, since Whit Bazemore, is leading the Funny Car points in his Dodge Stratus R/T funny car.

redriderbob

Quick Reply: New Dodge car close to submission to NASCAR: