Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New ads tout Chrysler's German Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New ads tout Chrysler's German Engineering

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32816

Old 06-18-2006, 10:51 PM
shadowzform
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New ads tout Chrysler's German Engineering

Good News for us! Come join the winning side, Ford and Chevy fans! As for Mercedez, I don't think this wil "water them down", I think once people buy DC's automobiles and experience their reliability and integrity, performance, and all, they will be inspired to purchase from mercedez, who will have better stuff, plain and simple.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mercedes...

But um, I don't like it... I don't like to think of Dodge as a German company. Because it really isn't...

Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I think they're riding on the heels of Porsche being so highly ranked for quality by J.D. Power............

Dusty

Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like it because "German engineering" in recent years has been crap (coming from someone with German heritage) espically with Mercedes. Isn't Chrysler's reliability ratings better than Mercedes? Why insult themselves with associating themselves with their crappy reputation. Mercedes should worry more about the cars they are making right now doing damage to their reputation. That "leather" they are using is terrible. The dash materials rivals GM's mid-90s dash interior. The glove box uses very flimsy plastic for the part that is supposed to guide the glove box door open. Mercedes should have interior at least as good as Lexus. Mercedes should spend less time making sure that Chrysler is better than them and spend more time making sure Lexus isn't better than them. If Chrysler can build a better car for a lower price, then they should be allowed to do it to force Mercedes to make sure they are better than their competition. If Chrysler can beat them, then chances are their competition will beat them.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:17 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Well from being on the plant floor. I'd like to beat some sense into those fine german, and American engineers for that matter![:@]

Joe

Old 06-22-2006, 09:14 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

I hear ya, jgralka. It is so frustrating to have major issues (high cost and too much down time for bad designs) with some of the equipment in my job and no one wants to help do redesigns to make things easier, better, more efficient. I can make the changes myself but I would be working out of my classification, so it's not allowed.

Have you gone to SMART training yet? It’s a great idea, but my, and most everyone’s, issue isn’t coming up with new and better ideas. It is the implementation of the ideas in a timely and cost efficient manner, if at all. My dad works at the truck plant so I know ya all have the same issues.

Funny part of smart training, after 5 days in the class the area manager of maintenance still wanted to do things with push mentality. With people in charge who refuse to try things in a different way, things can not change. How do you bring this issue up with upper management without making enemies? Area managers are still in charge and can make things quite miserable, as I’m sure you know.

OK, done with my rant, enjoy your down time. I’m at Mack II, building 3.7 sixes. The plant is down 1 week. I was given the choice to work or take a vacation week, but it would not be a layoff, just a week off. I thought about going to the union about it, but they won’t do anything and management would just force me in anyways. Oh, well.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:18 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

That sucks about the downtime. They just told us today it will be at least 3 weeks up to 5 weeks downtime. I can't wait! Mack II eh? My home plant is mack I (blocks, job setter). I will probably never see that building again.

About smart....

Yes, I've been to the training class. Yes, I think its a great program. But I don't think management will let it run like it should. I was suppose to be a team leader on the door line at warren, but I got laid off two days after I accepted the job. So now I got reinstated, but now I'm in the final dept. The door line is the only dept doing smart right now. And management is harpooning it already. Changing the rules as they go. As usual.

Joe

Quick Reply: New ads tout Chrysler's German Engineering