Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

We know about the 2008 viper, what about the ram

Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
shadowzform
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We know about the 2008 viper, what about the ram

As we all know the 2008 viper's engine is going to be totally re-done to bring out more horsepower. After this, the ram srt-10 can no longer rightfully carry the "viper-powered" badge on it, because that engine no longer belongs to the viper. That made me start to thinking. Ford is coming out with a brand-new totally remade SVT Lightning, which I know they will work on to make it faster than the current Ram. Does anybody know anything about Dodge even considering using the new viper engine in the Ram Srt-10 to keep it ahead of the SVT? I can't find anything about this anywhere, but I'd also like to hear my fellow dodgeforum.com members' opinions also.

personally, i think if they can't put the new viper engine in the ram, and they can't make a V10 HEMI, then they should at least put a little forced induction on it. I'd like to see my favorite truck in the world, Ram SRT-10, staying ahead of the racing truck segment, (in which only two vehicles are involved lol).

Old 06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
steelyd
Rookie
Default RE: We know about the 2008 viper, what about the ram

I read somewhere that DC had ceased SRT-10 Ram Production.
Any one out there help us on this one??

Old 06-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know too much on this subject, but I have also heard that Dodge will be halting Ram SRT-10 production. I'll do a little searching...

Old 06-22-2006, 08:09 PM
shiltz
Captain

Well assuming the rumor that the SRT ram is going away is false they would have to switch the ram to the new viper engine, they certainly aren't going to keep the old one around just for the SRT ram.

Also I highly doubt there will be an SVT lightning anytime soon seeing as Ford completely shut down the SVT division.

Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I don't know too much on this subject, but I have also heard that Dodge will be halting Ram SRT-10 production. I'll do a little searching...
[][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=smiley11.gif] please keep me updated if you find anything... this is a scary thing because I looked forward to buying one ever since they came out. I'm about a month away from getting a job that pays well so itll be about a year before I am able to buy one. I really want one but when it comes down to it, if they stop producing them, then I'll just have to simply -not- have one because I do not like used vehicles, especially not speed vehicles because there's no telling what kind of damages have been done.

Just let me know what or if you find out anything about... anything lol. thanks SRT-10 #1 fan here.

Also I highly doubt there will be an SVT lightning anytime soon seeing as Ford completely shut down the SVT division.
Oh they did? didn't know this. I was wonder why it did not come out yet because It was like two years ago or so when i first found out about the new SVT Lightning and how it was "just about to come out." It's been two years and I still haven't heard anything. Now that explains why lol. I was kind of looking forward to seeing how their cold-air tank system was giong to work in their SVT truck.... the one that they said would have the effects of NOS.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I read they dropped the SVT Lighting project for this line a long time ago. If they decide not to put the V10 in it, do you think they might drop in the 6.4L?

Old 06-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Ford discontinued SVT 3/3/2006

https://dodgeforum.com/m_409793/tm.htm

That would be awesome if the put the 8.4 in the ram srt-10...

but I wouldnt mind a 6.4 HEMI Ram SRT-8

Old 06-23-2006, 02:26 AM
shadowzform
Veteran

Now im thinking dodge has different plans in mind for the ram srt... a 7.2l HEMI? that's out of this world!

http://www.srtmopar.com/hemiblog/?permalink=438

Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to say the least, but I am a little skeptical. 605hp sounds a little high for me to believe it will pass the emissions test.

Did you see the mention of a HEMI V6? I hope they use that to replace the 3.7L.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

a 7.2 sounds outrageous...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We know about the 2008 viper, what about the ram